Replies

• KaraLandau
    KaraLandau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Burn them!!! Therapy!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have a few pants that I bought within the last 6 months that are now 3 sizes too big for me. I'm wondering, though, if I were to consider bulking/cutting phases, would increasing my muscle mass also increase my waist size? I don't know if I want a thicker waist than I have now...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i give them all away or donate to goodwill
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I gave it all away. Even the stuff that was one size up.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I donated mine to a thrift shop and bought my next size down at the same time because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I knew I couldn't wear for very long. I treated myself to mostly new clothes once I reached my goal. (I learned that I liked thrift store shopping so I still go now.)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've got my old FFA jacket, some pants, and this old shirt in the junk corner of my closet. Everything else went to the trash or Goodwill.
  • larissamalcolm
    larissamalcolm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm giving mine to a woman's homeless shelter. It's hard to find nice plus size clothes in donations. I have a bunch of bags of clothes that I need to take. I am glad I read this to I can go back in the bags and get my biggest pair of pants. I want to take one of those pictures with the big pants one day.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I let my friends and family pick through it, then donated some. I kept some if I couldn't bear to part with it at the time. It's been over 2 years now, and I may have to donate some more that's stuck in a box in the closet:) I think keeping one size either way is ok, you will have those fluctuations. I also realize that as I get older, I may not want to work as hard, and will be ok with a little more fluff. But at that point, I may need different styles anyway.
  • averylopez
    averylopez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Donate, don't keep! I went down 6 sizes and got rid of them as I went!!
  • madamee1000
    madamee1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I donated most of my bigger clothes but was able to sell some on EBay, which was nice!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I donate most of my big clothes...for some of my really cool t-shirts, I have turned them into smaller shirts/tanks/dresses, and one cool pair of jeans I turned into a denim skirt. There are about a million ways to alter clothes that are too big on the internet and many of them do not even require sewing!
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was a size 22-24 at my highest and I sold most of my clothes 18-24 surprisingly at a yard sale I had in my front yard this past summer. I donated the rest.
  • jessmessmfp
    jessmessmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Gave them away. If you know of a women's shelter - or have a facebook clothes swap group - that might help. I actually found someone that had gained weight - and we swapped wardrobes.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I donated mine to Goodwill; I've never went back up a size once I lost it. Having a wardrobe full of pretty clothes that fit was usually enough to keep me motivated to stay in them. :)
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I donate most of my big clothes...for some of my really cool t-shirts, I have turned them into smaller shirts/tanks/dresses, and one cool pair of jeans I turned into a denim skirt. There are about a million ways to alter clothes that are too big on the internet and many of them do not even require sewing!
    Awe! Pinterest here I come for ideas!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I had a slightly different approach: for the things I really liked and was reluctant to part with, I bought a sewing machine and have started learning simple alterations on tops. This was nice when I was still dropping sizes, too, so I didn't have to go out and buy completely new each time I went down a size or two.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I donated everything to the vets, except for a few pairs of premium jeans (they were over $100) - I gave those to a friend.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The ones I loved and the staples I kept, the others I gave away. I altered my favorite blouses and pants. I found that new pants from Goodwill made me look much slimmer. Belts and scarves and sweaters that fit with a little altering can let your wear shirts and blouses for a while. Then slowly replace things one piece/month or so so that it doesn't look like all your clothes were bought at the same time and in the same fashion.

Use Goodwill and other used shops like a closet. Give away your old clothes. Get some new ones that fit.
  • shirleygra
    shirleygra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a sewer so I either took some in to fit new shape or put in big tucks as I love oversize clothes fashion. Even though I am now a UK size 6-10, I still have some size 22s I wear. I even buy oversize clothes as a fashion, usually top or bottom, so I will wear tight jeans with a size 20 jacket or a tight t-shirt or shirt under a pair of my old size 22 pair linen trousers that I have two big 5" front tucks in so they look like baggy 1940s style. Its lovely to keep favourite clothes in lovely materials that cost you a lot of money and see how you look sooo much better in them.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you have any that are appropriate for an office environment, see if your city/town has a program that collects clothes for women transitioning to work from welfare or from homelessness. Clothes in all sizes and in good shape are really badly needed.