Options
13»

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    You had me at peanut butter.

Totally. I dare NOT try this. Sounds uber addicting!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of whiskey or vodka to mine when I am feeling frisky.

Hahaha
  • shut_up_legs
    shut_up_legs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love mine with some squeezy honey :)
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    I add a bit of whiskey or vodka to mine when I am feeling frisky.

Hahaha

Well ... beeradvocate.com/beer/style/69/
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. This morning, it was plain, but with a measured teaspoon of brown sugar (16 calories isn't going to kill me, and a little sprinkle of sugar makes a huge difference). Sometimes, I'll add dried cranberries, or slivered almonds and raisins, or a bit dried apples and a bit of cinnamon. Occasionally I'll add fresh fruit, after cooking, but I find that when you add dried fruit during cooking you get the flavour throughout the oats.
  • cponeill89
    cponeill89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy plain oatmeal with half milk half water. Boring but fills me up for a while.
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!!!! And the coburn farms slices too. They are low calorie, covers the oatmeal better than shredded cheese, and tastes fuller.

I could put peanut butter, jelly, syrup, honey, and sugar but I need a lot of those to satisfy my sweet tooth and therefore, bumps the calorie count up.

I don't really like fruit IN oatmeal because it feels watery.

I found cheese to be the happy medium.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My favorite: Oatmeal/protein breakfast pudding: ump protein powder 1/2 scoop; 1/4 cup oatmeal; 1 scoop low fat peanut butter powder; and enough unsweetened vanilla almond milk to make a pudding consistency. Refrigerate, and ready to go in the morning.
  • stranger2310
    stranger2310 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I used to run a food blog and posted a ton of ways to make porridge on there - LINK. I posted a load of different porridge recipes up until page 6 out of 7 that you're welcome to check out.

If you have the time or are a bit oatmeal-savvy, you could also make oat granola (CookieandKate has some great recipes; I recently made her cranberry and orange granola), make oatmeal bars that you can 'grab and go', or use a different grain like quinoa instead of oats. I made a delicious cacao and date quinoa porridge that was really really decadent, but also pretty good for you, and a pear and nut quinoa porridge. I've also made an oatmeal crumble before which was delicious.

Another of my go-to bloggers for porridge recipes is OhSheGlows.

Sometimes my oatmeal will normally just consist of adding a dollop of jam with some almonds on top, or stirring in a tsp of coffee granules and some peanut butter, and topped with a banana and walnuts or almonds.

I hope this helps! :)
  • MyWeigh94
    MyWeigh94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like to add banana and a few mini chocolate chips in mine.
    Or peanut butter and banana.
    But for simple I like oatmeal cooked on the stove with a little half and half, a little butter, and a little brown sugar sprinkled on top.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    In the UK, we have oatmeal pots that come readily prepared and you just add hot water (honestly, they are delicious - I eat one every single day!). They come in loads of different flavours - blueberry, honey, almond and vanilla, plain etc. My favourite is the sweet cinnamon! Perhaps check your cereal section at your grocery store and see if they have something similar? So delicious and so low calorie!
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, ground flax seed, banana, milk, butter, a little salt. Oatmeal is awesome!
  • rlsmith326
    rlsmith326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat the Kellogg's maple and brown sugar with almonds. it's my favorite
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm basic, sprinkle a little brown sugar, splash of milk, dash of cinnamon