Anyone tried the SkinnyMint Teatox?

Options
Teatox's seem to be all the rage right now and I'm wondering if anyone has tried one, specifically the SkinnyMint? What are your thoughts on the whole concept? What I like about it is it doesn't involve any drastic changes to your eating habits, it's just the addition on the teas in the AM/PM.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Most of the "detox" teas contain either natural laxatives or diuretics. They cause you to drop water weight or waste very quickly but do not help with fat loss.

Be careful with teas that contain senna. They really shouldn't be used for more than a week.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Cleanses/detoxes, by whatever trendy name they want to call them, do absolutely nothing beneficial for your body.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's socially acceptable laxative abuse. No one needs senna, or any other laxative, unless they are suffering constipation. Use when not required can result in a dependency and a loss in the ability to poop normally, without the stimulant. I wish they'd be outlawed, frankly.

I actually find these "teatox' things far more objectionable than many gimmicks, at least most gimmicks will do nothing at all, these can actually be harmful.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Complete bs, there is a sucker born every minute and every new generation is susceptible to the same recycled nonsense.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Poop tea. My friend takes them. Makes her poop a lot, doesn't do anything for her weight. So if you like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom and don't mind risking your health go for it, but it won't help your weight loss.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you're not making changes (and no, drinking tea doesn't count as change), then nothing will change. So, no.

ETA Correction. Your bowel habits will change.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Over exaggerated hype to sell tea.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I just drink chamomile, decaf. green tea, Pomegranate Pizzazz, etc... Herbal tea helps me lose weight because I'm not munching on or drinking something else!! :wink:

19507081.png