Protein shake for women?

Options
2»

Replies

• apv83
    apv83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like Natures Bounty Complete Protein and Vitamin Shake Mix This is specific to Women's nutritional needs and even has probiotics.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    eep223 wrote: »
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    If your diet has enough protein, protein shakes are probably pointless.

Why is everyone assuming she's getting enough protein in her diet already or that she somehow doesn't know if she is? If she's supplementing, I'm sure it's for a reason. Personally, I can never quite seem to hit my protein goals. Shakes are a helpful way to fill up and easy on my stomach early in the morning or after a vigorous work out. If you are anti protein shake, why even join this discussion?

I use Muscle Pharm Combat Protein Powder Cookies and Cream, but I'm interested in other recommendations too!

It's worth asking to clarify, though. I've seen many, many posters ask about protein shakes because they heard they were good for weight loss, or burned fat, or whatever. The vast majority of people are very uneducated about nutrition (and especially supplementation), so it doesn't hurt to ask them what they hope to achieve by drinking protein shakes.
  • Maggieba
    Maggieba Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Labrada/Jamie Eason Lean Body for Her. It's a whey protein that's lactose free (other powders gave me major stomach/stink issues). They mix well and taste awesome. The chocolate is like a Wendy's frosty. The peanut powder is excellent as well. Vanilla is good, but the other two are my favorites. I think they're available through bodybuilding.com and they send out sales and coupon codes pretty regularly.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    If your diet has enough protein, protein shakes are probably pointless.

exactly, Protein shakes are for convenience. I use them because I don't eat meat for every meal every day and I'm losing weight (which means getting near 100% protein from a protein source is very useful when you don't have a lot of calories left). When I switch to gaining weight I'll probably use them less as it'll be easier to hit the protein goals.

I also use ON whey protein if you care.

Then it really isn't pointless, is it? ;)