Any beer drinkers?

Options
Anyone partake in craft beer while on a diet? I am drinking a bomber of hop stoopid right now and apparently that's like 430 calories. I'm on a 1600 or so calorie budget and it fits almost perfectly. Probably not a good idea to do too often though right?

Replies

• prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like beer even tho the calories add up QUICKLY. I've taken to drinking light beer ( I know, I know). But It's possible to have a 430 calorie beer and stay on track if you have enough calories for it.

I used to exercise for health and aesthetics. Now I exercise so I can eat more food. I'm on a 1340 calorie allotment.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I drink craft beers pretty much every night. As long as you can fit in the calories, it's fine.

I have to shelve the triples, though. They're tasty but some of them have enough calories for a whole meal and at 1340 calories/day I would have to sacrifice nutrition to fit them in.
  • ccrow1221r
    ccrow1221r Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    125 calories in a Guiness.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm
    I like beer even tho the calories add up QUICKLY. I've taken to drinking light beer ( I know, I know). But It's possible to have a 430 calorie beer and stay on track if you have enough calories for it.

I used to exercise for health and aesthetics. Now I exercise so I can eat more food. I'm on a 1340 calorie allotment.

Wow ouch. Yeah I'm 1 point inside my budget and that is with exercise that I took the very very conservative 130 calories for. I watched 2-2.5 episodes of commercial free TV in my exercise bike this morning. I may need to buy a heart rate monitor so I don't cheat myself
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I probably average 4-5 beers a week. I'm in maintenance now, but averaged the same even while I was losing.

And none of that light beer crap either! :)
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I drink craft beers pretty much every night. As long as you can fit in the calories, it's fine.

I have to shelve the triples, though. They're tasty but some of them have enough calories for a whole meal and at 1340 calories/day I would have to sacrifice nutrition to fit them in.

Yeah I have a bottle of Imperial stout that's like 630 and I consider that a lot. I'm close to 200 now and that was my initial goal. Think I'll Crack that when I hit it
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    32, female. 5'5, weight 135-150.
    I'd consume 1550-1650 calories daily. But 1 weekend night my husband & I would go to the bar & I'd enjoy anywhere from 1-6 beers (usually 3-4), a bar burger & French fries. I'd eat a normal breakfast & lunch that day. My calories for that day would be anywhere from 2600-4000.

I did this "bar day" once a week & ate well the rest (at my cal goal, not under). And successfully lost 15 pounds in about 3 months (started 150). My workouts were a Crossfit class, usually 4-6 times/week (sedentary desk job).

I'd say it perfectly fine to indulge every once in awhile & still hit your goals as long as you're "good" most the time.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Beer drinker and hell raiser here. Make it fit. My favorite is

nhtzmjoulpv9.png
  • juggernaut1974
    edited January 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

nhtzmjoulpv9.png

I just had that for the first time this past weekend. It was pretty good.

Also tried their Grapefruit Sculpin (meh), Dorado Double (also meh), Big Eye, and Victory at Sea (that was really good).
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    This is my favorite

maxresdefault.jpg
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

nhtzmjoulpv9.png

Also tried their Grapefruit Sculpin (meh), Dorado Double (also meh), Big Eye, and Victory at Sea (that was really good).

I don't like those others either. I wonder if I can find your favorite in San Diego?
  • juggernaut1974
    edited January 2016
    Options

nhtzmjoulpv9.png

I don't like those others either. I wonder if I can find your favorite in San Diego?

Doubtful - it's a small craft brewery about 90 miles north of here. I don't think they distribute very far.

Though if you look them up, they've won a TON of awards for their beers. A lot of the beer publications have them ranked as a top craft brewery nation wide.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    @srecupid: Craft beer (almost) every night for me. I exercise more to make room for it.

@queenliz99, @juggernaut1974 , you guys have got me all a-twitter. Two great breweries! Either of you on untappd?

Many great choices here in the Badger State: New Glarus, O'So, Central Waters, Lakefront, Wisconsin Brewing, etc.

Although I did cross state lines for my New Year's Eve indulgence:
    oIMudzZ.jpg
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I love a good beer. Or two. Or three. But I pretty much limit my consumption to one night a week. I'll exercise or go below my calorie limit during the week to "save" up calories to spend on the weekends.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love beer, but mostly stay with the light beers. Coors Light, Bud Lite, Miller Light. I can afford those calories.
  • johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was unsuccessful with trying to include beer into my diet..... so, I started drinking whiskey. Jameson that is.......... Good luck!
  • juggernaut1974
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @jruzer yep. 394 distinct beers checked in (and counting)

Haven't had darkness yet but overall I'm a big fan of Surly. Furious and Overrated are a couple of theirs I like a lot
  • mmstyler
    mmstyler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sam adams double IPA! 203 calories, 16carbs and its 8.3%!! Drink 2 and it feels like 4!!!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    499 distinct beers checked in on Untapped. No, I don't like beer at all.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i drink beer, but not a big variety. I, like others, fit it into my day/night.