Any beer drinkers?

Options

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Sadly, beer is now "special occasion and only one" for me now ... I love craft beer, too, and will go without rather than drink crap.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    eganita wrote: »
    Yes... love craft beer. Even got married at a local brewery :) I agree about it not really hindering progress, if you keep everything within your calories. I've been splurging way too much on craft beer among other things over the holidays (i.e. NOT within my calorie goal!!). I will still enjoy them on a weekly basis but will definitely be limiting my intake!

... and I am also on Untappd... unique beer count at 862! HAHA! I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that number :P Whenever my husband and I travel, we love to hit up whatever local breweries we can.

were-not-worthy.png
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I'm Gl110197 on untappd if anyone wants to connect.

I was fairly happy with my 443 distinct beers and 627 check-ins, but @eganita has given me something to shoot for!

HAHA!!! :) Well I have been on there since March 2013, so it will be 3 years on there soon! Maybe I joined it earlier than others? :) I also do count a beer if I've just sampled it in a flight.. to me, that is enough to make a rating!! Some people frown on that though!
  • eganita
    Options
    I would say Southern Tier, Tröegs, Victory, Sierra Nevada, and Lagunitas are among my favorite more well-known breweries. I live right outside Pittsburgh, PA, and I've been really pleased with our growing brewery/beer scene.. I'm not sure how far some of those brews are distributed, though (a fair amount of them don't bottle/can at all). Voodoo is one of my favorites from this area.
  • kbk823
    kbk823 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes... love craft beer. Even got married at a local brewery :) I agree about it not really hindering progress, if you keep everything within your calories. I've been splurging way too much on craft beer among other things over the holidays (i.e. NOT within my calorie goal!!). I will still enjoy them on a weekly basis but will definitely be limiting my intake!

... and I am also on Untappd... unique beer count at 862! HAHA! I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that number :P Whenever my husband and I travel, we love to hit up whatever local breweries we can.

were-not-worthy.png

I was fairly happy with my 443 distinct beers and 627 check-ins, but @eganita has given me something to shoot for!

HAHA!!! :) Well I have been on there since March 2013, so it will be 3 years on there soon! Maybe I joined it earlier than others? :) I also do count a beer if I've just sampled it in a flight.. to me, that is enough to make a rating!! Some people frown on that though!

Flight sampling is the way to go! Or going to a festival, and knocking off 20+ new beers in a day (except by the end, everything is fuzzy, and nothing tastes the way it's supposed to).
  • eganita
    edited January 2016
    Options
    kbk823 wrote: »

were-not-worthy.png

Flight sampling is the way to go! Or going to a festival, and knocking off 20+ new beers in a day (except by the end, everything is fuzzy, and nothing tastes the way it's supposed to).

I love flights!!! It's helped me get into different styles of beer and branch away from IPAs (my favorite!). Good point about festivals! They can be really fun and a great way to try a lot at once.... though I agree - sometimes I get myself in trouble with trying TOO much! I try to stick to only one or so of those a year now :)
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends is a home brewer turned professional (his brewery opens today!), and visiting breweries, brewfests, and running races put on by breweries (Dogfish Head and Two Roads) are some of my favorite activities. I am drinking way less beer than before I started counting calories, but I try to work in a beer several times a week because I would be very sad without them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I enjoy craft beer, but I do drink less of it than I used to, even in maintenance. I probably have 3-6 beers per week these days. When I was losing I had maybe one per week. I drank more spirits when I was losing and have also gained an affinity for red wine since reducing my beer consumption.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am also on untappd! 589 distinct beers and half the time I forget to check in beers - haha. I think my husband is at almost 1000 and I've tried almost every beer that he has - I just don't always check them in, although he does.

Beer is one of the reasons that I need to lose weight. I drink way too much beer. I also homebrew. I've got a few batches piling up and I can't even drink it because of this stupid diet haha.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

were-not-worthy.png

Nah, that's legit. I do it at festivals too. I lol'ed when Untapped gave me the "Take It Easy" and "Top of the Mornin" badges at the Great Taste of the Midwest this year!
  • eganita
    Options

were-not-worthy.png

Nah, that's legit. I do it at festivals too. I lol'ed when Untapped gave me the "Take It Easy" and "Top of the Mornin" badges at the Great Taste of the Midwest this year!

HAHA!! Nice. Some of the badges are pretty funny. I get a kick out of the "Drinking your Paycheck" one too.
  • WMLizard
    WMLizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On Untappd here! Having a travel companion to share flights with really helped the distinct beer count. My husband was just over 1,000. I'm at 834! We made it a goal to collect to level 10 of the badges while traveling in New Zealand (which is saying a lot, the beer there was not, um, great. But kiwi badges were fun).
  • tim_whalen
    tim_whalen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Craft beer lover here too...Untappd: a2mfk. Case of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale and New Belgium Winter pack slowly being sucked dry
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Beer drinker and hell raiser here. Make it fit. My favorite is

nhtzmjoulpv9.png

My company is the distributor for Ballast Point in Colorado!

It's been hard keeping the weight off since I started working for a distributor, especially in the winter, but I'm working on it.

You should try the Habanero Sculpin if you can find it. Mixed with the grapefruit is pretty good.

• JamesMauldin
    JamesMauldin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I brew my own beer, so I have beer on tap at all times. I am also a member of a local bottle shop's "beer of the month" - so I get at least 4 commercial brews every month. On top of that, all my friends are brewers, so I have their beer too. This is why I need to lose 20lbs...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I can't find you with your user name.

@Jruzer I'm queenliz99 on untappd
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I had a friend tell me I would need to stop drinking beer to lose weight, lol RIGHT
  • JamesMauldin
    JamesMauldin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is me (or rather, my brew club) on Untappd: https://untappd.com/user/RaleighHBA.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love craft beer! We probably have over 100 different kinds in our cellar that we've picked up along our travels this year.

I'm getting close to checking in my 1000th beer on Untappd. I'm at 938 now. :-)
  • kensreboot
    kensreboot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My problem with Untappd is that I keep forgetting to check in. Too busy enjoying the beer and spending time with friends. But I am at 599 with 464 unique.

https://untappd.com/user/Manfish

I like to brew my own, have 4 taps at home (all dry right now) as well.
  • asboland7
    asboland7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Imagine my delight to find this forum! I love beers too much to give it up and I have been trying to lose my beer belly. Glad to know there are beer lovers who are trying to stay fit