Upset ...Closed minded people

Options
ok ill try and make this as short as possible. I always go to this 2nd hand store that sells really good clothes name brand and all. he just started accepting walk ins to sell your clothes for cash. so being a little tight on money since my husband lost his job.... I cleared my closet and on my way to the store I went lol....I had clothes from all sizes..8-13. mostly jeans barley worn. some even with tags on them. I facebooked the owner since he knows me from going to the his store so much and we r friends on facebook. when I get there with a suitcase full of over 30 pairs of pants and like 40 shirts and dresses and about 8 pairs of shoes all extras I had laying around in my closet, they tell me to give them 15 mins. so I browse try on some clothes I was going to buy. they call me to go to the front. she says hes going to explain how this works...I thought hmm ok.... HERES WHERE IT GETS GOOD...... he says I will pay you $10 for all of these shoes and $10 for about 8 shirts ....I looked at him and said well what about the jeans and the rest of the stuff he says well....unfortunately we cannot accept them because we don't have people of your size that shop at our store...I looked at him and said excuse me....I shop here and u know that. he said yea and honestly I wouldn't be buying these shirts from u but because I need larger and bigger sizes in my store I decided to buy them but honeslty ppl your size don't shop here and I don'cuz have room for bigger clothes. I was like wooowwwww....I was insulted I said well funny cuz the sirts are all meds and large and the jeans are mostly size 9...he said my point exactly....I said u can keep ur $20 and I grabbed my stuff and just walked out the store I left whatever I was going to buy on the counter. he was soo rude and I dunno why treat overweight people so rude...I got in my car and drove home and just cried....then as im walking towards my house a man stops me and says...hey I just want to tell you are a beautiful woman. I said thank you and then realized the problem wasn't me....its was the jerk at the store..i have enclosed a pic of a dress t

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    u are beautiful! post full body pics I will bet you are a goddess..pics please!!:)
    Best from Nyc
    Kristian Rocco
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Size 8-13 are "larger"?? Good luck staying in business with that attitude, pal. Good for you for leaving.
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    Bloody hell....that's just horrible. No advice to give you but hope you feel better.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ok ill try and make this as short as possible. I always go to this 2nd hand store that sells really good clothes name brand and all. he just started accepting walk ins to sell your clothes for cash. so being a little tight on money since my husband lost his job.... I cleared my closet and on my way to the store I went lol....I had clothes from all sizes..8-13. mostly jeans barley worn. some even with tags on them. I facebooked the owner since he knows me from going to the his store so much and we r friends on facebook. when I get there with a suitcase full of over 30 pairs of pants and like 40 shirts and dresses and about 8 pairs of shoes all extras I had laying around in my closet, they tell me to give them 15 mins. so I browse try on some clothes I was going to buy. they call me to go to the front. she says hes going to explain how this works...I thought hmm ok.... HERES WHERE IT GETS GOOD...... he says I will pay you $10 for all of these shoes and $10 for about 8 shirts ....I looked at him and said well what about the jeans and the rest of the stuff he says well....unfortunately we cannot accept them because we don't have people of your size that shop at our store...I looked at him and said excuse me....I shop here and u know that. he said yea and honestly I wouldn't be buying these shirts from u but because I need larger and bigger sizes in my store I decided to buy them but honeslty ppl your size don't shop here and I don'cuz have room for bigger clothes. I was like wooowwwww....I was insulted I said well funny cuz the sirts are all meds and large and the jeans are mostly size 9...he said my point exactly....I said u can keep ur $20 and I grabbed my stuff and just walked out the store I left whatever I was going to buy on the counter. he was soo rude and I dunno why treat overweight people so rude...I got in my car and drove home and just cried....then as im walking towards my house a man stops me and says...hey I just want to tell you are a beautiful woman. I said thank you and then realized the problem wasn't me....its was the jerk at the store..i have enclosed a pic of a dress t

that's awful ....

but God bless the man who pointed out that you're beautiful.... sometimes there's nothing sweeter than the kindness of a stranger :flowerforyou:
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    that is a bunch of ???. I would say that most people are 8-13 or larger. Man that would make anyone feel bad. What a jerk!
  • watersc91
    watersc91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What a jerk ...some people just don't know the power of words and how hurtful they can be. I use it as motivation so that when you do get to weight you want to be MIDDLE FINGER IN THE AIR lol jk ........but yea, your beautiful that store owner is a pile a poop :)! You have a blessed day!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'll be interested to hear what happens when he's forced to -ahem- retool in order to keep the doors open.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    E- Bay..Great place to get what you want for your clothes, and to find clothes. Just a suggestion. hope it helps. Also you can form a local group where you live on Facebook for selling stuff. Making you own rules for the group.
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you, that guy sounds like a jerk and I don't think sizes 8-13 are that big! Isn't that an average size range for most people? :noway:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Oh I would be sharing that story (as well as their business details, website, address, phone, FB page, etc.) on every social media account I could get my hands on!!!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Clueless that the reason they don't shop there is because he doesn't have anything in their size.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    If it was me I would have been put in jail for assault. But that's just me. He was a rude jerk. I would so love to be a size 8 or even an 18 for that matter.

And to the guy that complimented you what a sweetheart!!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Close-minded because he doesn't want to sell a certain size of clothing? Is he close-minded because he doesn't sell men's clothing? OH MY GOD, WHERE ARE MEN GOING TO FIND CLOTHING IF HE DOESN'T SELL MEN'S CLOTHING?! Is a retailer close-minded if he doesn't sell ski jackets in Arizona? WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT WANT SKI COATS IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER?!

Carrying more sizes (or styles or types of clothing, for that matter) requires more space and inventory -- which means more expenses. It's impossible for retailers to cater to everyone. As such, they must decide what they are going to sell, according to their ability to invest and the expected return on their investment.

Y'all do realize that most businesses don't have unlimited resources, and cannot cater to every desire of every consumer, right?

Granted, he could have just said that he wasn't interested in that set of clothing, and not volunteered the reason, but it's his choice what he buys and stocks in his store. It's also your choice whether you shop there or not.
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    **** that guy. (:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Why? Is it a children's clothing shop? Who shops there? Skeletons? People as narrow as his mind?

His loss.

:flowerforyou:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    u are beautiful! post full body pics I will bet you are a goddess..pics please!!:)
    Best from Nyc
    Kristian Rocco

post full body pics huh? jeez..
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,975 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sorry this happened to you, but it seems you put the guy on the spot. If he doesn't carry those sizes, he doesn't want to buy them. Yes, he may be losing out on customers, but he wasn't being intentionally being mean.

Glad that the stranger gave you a compliment when you needed one.
  • EvaMRein
    EvaMRein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did you go to Ambercrombie & B-I-T-C-H? :laugh:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Close-minded because he doesn't want to sell a certain size of clothing? Carrying more sizes (or styles or types of clothing, for that matter) requires more space and inventory -- which means more expenses. It's impossible for retailers to cater to everyone. As such, they must decide what they are going to sell, according to their ability to invest and the expected return on their investment.

Y'all do realize that most businesses don't have unlimited resources, and cannot cater to every desire of every consumer, right?

Granted, he could have just said that he wasn't interested in that set of clothing, but it's his choice what he buys and stocks in his store. It's also your choice whether you shop there or not.

I agree with this post 100%. He should not have been rude but that is the way the world works.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Why? Is it a children's clothing shop? Who shops there? Skeletons? People as narrow as his mind?
    By your logic, one could say about Big & Tall shops: "Why? Who shops there? Fat lards?"

Every store doesn't have to cater to everyone. Get over it.