Upset ...Closed minded people

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    u are beautiful! post full body pics I will bet you are a goddess..pics please!!:)
    Best from Nyc
    Kristian Rocco

tumblr_mopof7AobE1sppmago1_400.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If people your size don't shop there, then why does he need the bigger sized clothes???
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is terrible. Since when is 9-13 "BIGGER". How does this guy stay in business. From your pic, you are a beautiful woman. Don't worry about that jerk.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    NYC area here too. Much love your way and eff that guy, whatta douche.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    u are beautiful! post full body pics I will bet you are a goddess..pics please!!:)
    Best from Nyc
    Kristian Rocco

spagett-creep-o.gif
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Clueless that the reason they don't shop there is because he doesn't have anything in their size.

lol yup!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    How does this guy stay in business.
    The same way that scores of mall stores that cater to women with small frames stay open.
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I must be a monstrosity to this person then !!! Size 10...ha! That's a good goal for this ol' girl :tongue:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Jeez, that's a helluva an attitude to have about size 9! I mean, it might be legitimate over size 12 to say that's a niche you don't fill, but 9?
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't blame you for being upset. I think what he did and said was a tactic to get all of those wonderful clothes for nothing. He expected you to think he was doing you a favor by taking something off your hands that he couldn't use. Meanwhile, he would have been raking in the money from the sale of those clothes. I agree with the person who said to put them on ebay. You can also try Craig's List.

My next question is this, if he doesn't sell sizes 8-13, what does he sell, 0-7s?

Remember that his opinion means nothing. They are merely words and yes words can sting. My favorite quote is by Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." We all need to take that to heart.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Best from Nyc
    Kristian Rocco

post full body pics huh? jeez..

yep. it's pretty much the definition of a creepy creeperson post.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Don't let the sizes of a popular brand of clothing or at a popular store get you down. Letting such insignificant things affect your happiness will result in one never being happy.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    ?? Where the heck do you live that size 8-13 is "big people"?? What a D-Bag. I'd go write a nasty review for his store on every website I could find. Hurt 'em where it hurts the most... the pocketbook. If other people know how rude they are.... they won't bother shopping there.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    When I was in New Jersy at a clothing store, in the front window a sign was posted that read "Fashion Stops at size 10". I shook my head and said people have so many preconceived notions about what they think the ideal size is for a person.

Everytime I shop in NY&CO, the only sizes that are left on the racks are the size 0 or 2. With that said, if so many women are that petite, how come the racks has so many XS's on it.

He is rude and unfortunately there are many like minded people out there who feel like him.

From this experience, I am sure its safe to say you deleted him from FB and you will not patronize him again.

What a jerk.
  • dmg051202
    dmg051202 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes! God bless the man who recognized YOUR beauty!
  • BSmiffy
    BSmiffy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't blame you for being upset. I think what he did and said was a tactic to get all of those wonderful clothes for nothing. He expected you to think he was doing you a favor by taking something off your hands that he couldn't use. Meanwhile, he would have been raking in the money from the sale of those clothes. I agree with the person who said to put them on ebay. You can also try Craig's List.

My next question is this, if he doesn't sell sizes 8-13, what does he sell, 0-7s?

Remember that his opinion means nothing. They are merely words and yes words can sting. My favorite quote is by Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." We all need to take that to heart.

I agree with this poster. He wanted to take the clothes off you for peanuts. So his tactic was to make you feel **** so that you would just accept the money meekly and rush out embarrassed.

I am so so glad you didn't let him have the clothes. Well done, you're the winner in this one. And yeh plaster his shop name about.
  • channadugger
    Options
    First of all, I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Second, have a yard sale at your house. You will make way more than $20. When you are done with the sale, take all the money you made and go wave it in his face and tell him to blow his twenty bucks out his *kitten*.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    he says I will pay you $10 for all of these shoes and $10 for about 8 shirts ....I looked at him and said well what about the jeans and the rest of the stuff he says well....unfortunately we cannot accept them because we don't have people of your size that shop at our store...I looked at him and said excuse me....I shop here and u know that. he said yea and honestly I wouldn't be buying these shirts from u but because I need larger and bigger sizes in my store I decided to buy them but honeslty ppl your size don't shop here and I don'cuz have room for bigger clothes. I was like wooowwwww....I was insulted I said well funny cuz the sirts are all meds and large and the jeans are mostly size 9...he said my point exactly.
    HOLY CRAP! Since when is size 9 an unreasonable size??? WTF?
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    oh that is so mean...I am sorry he was so rude to you. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. I would have done the same thing but may have been thinking "did I hear him right?"...I go to a thrift close to my house on a regular basis and they are so nice...sorry you had that experience. I can only imagine what they would say if I brought in my old size 14 up to 18?! Have a great day!
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ummm...does he know that the average American woman is a size 14 (this is expected to go up soon)? So many of your clothes were well under the average size?

Good for you for realizing that this guy is a tool, and it's not your problem.