Low carb high fat high protein diet

Options
Okay I started my diet on Monday,

All is going well I'm staying under my 2000 calorie goal on low carb high fat diet while keeping my protein intake high

Just want some suggestions on regards to some good low/zero carb snacks and also help with what to eat with my main meat meal

So I mainly have chicken or turkey for lunch, with mixed veg, which is getting boring... I don't mind eating the meat its more is there an alternative to veg that will fill me up without the carb in take

Cheers

Replies

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I like this FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends/?fref=nf

They pull from quite a few different bloggers. While you are still getting your meat and veggies, they have a lot of casserole, stew and soup recipes.
  • Danny140492
    Danny140492 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cheers mate I'll take a look
  • Danny140492
    Options
    I'm not on Facebook so Ican't look haha
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Depending on how high you are planning to keep your protein, it may actually harm your ketosis (if that's what you are going for)

Look into the subject to see how high you can take it before it kicks you out of ketosis.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    You should join the Low Carber Daily Forum Group on MFP, there's lots of people on there doing LCHF who can share great tips!
  • Danny140492
    Options
    Depending on how high you are planning to keep your protein, it may actually harm your ketosis (if that's what you are going for)

Look into the subject to see how high you can take it before it kicks you out of ketosis.

I'm keeping my protein around 200-220g.. I currently weigh 116kgs, not fat just need to get rid of stomach fat...

I weight train five times a week high intensity and do high intensity interval cardio so I need to keep protein up
  • Danny140492
    Options
    You should join the Low Carber Daily Forum Group on MFP, there's lots of people on there doing LCHF who can share great tips!

Thanks mate I'll have a look
  • rww0406
    rww0406 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Authoritynutrition.com has a lot of low carb high protein info, menus, snacks, etc
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

I'm keeping my protein around 200-220g.. I currently weigh 116kgs, not fat just need to get rid of stomach fat...

I weight train five times a week high intensity and do high intensity interval cardio so I need to keep protein up
    You are going to want to research protein intake and ketosis. 220 grams of protein seems high but at 250 plus pounds you may be okay. Again, research how protein levels can kick you out of ketosis. Best of luck.