Looking for Garmin Vivofit/Vivosmart/Vivoactive band users!

Options
Hi, Folks:

I am looking to have some Vivofit friends to motivate me to increase my steps. If you have a Garmin Vivofit or Garmin Vivoactive or Vivosmart, PLEASE connect with me via GarminConnect. My handle is DeeDiddyGee.

Thank you very much!

Dee

Replies

• turtlesoup1957
    turtlesoup1957 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit and like it. Still learning all the features since the manual information that came with it was useless.
    Trying to get back into being more active. Last few years have gain a lit of weight. I need to lose 60pds and would be nice to have someone to bounce ideals and support with.
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I need some connections too i dont have any. @turtlesoup1957 it does have a instruction manual in the app which has all the info in. I also want to lose about 60lbs.

My garmin usernames veeedot if any wants to add me :smile:
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just got my vivofit2 yesterday and sent y'all (veeedot and deediddygee) connection requests. I'm not exactly sure what happens with connections, but I guess I'll see! So now do we challenge each other, or just know that someone is seeing it when we don't meet our goals, or what? My garmin connect username is peacemonger.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Garmin challenges arent quite like fitbit. Garmin does have challenges that try to put you in a group of people doing the same steps. You probably had an option to join when you set up your account. There is a leaderboard though where you can compare your steps to your friends. I will add you - my id is the same as MFP
  • wood_teach
    wood_teach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I received a vivoactive for Christmas and will be adding you to my connections on Garmin connect. I have been a mfp member for several years, and was very successful losing weight and improving fitness tremendously. I have fallen off the wagon and am looking to get back to where I was a year and a half ago. Please feel free to add me as well. I am wood_teach on Garmin connect.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm Mocha_Belushi feel free to add me!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for friending me on Garmin!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Sent you an invite. I'm Terpsichorre. :smiley:
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Sent everyone invites! Yay! :grin:
  • gleggio
    gleggio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got my Garmin Vivosmart HR too and excited to use it to increase my activity. I would love to get in touch with people too to get motivation & support.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    New Vivoactive user here, feel free to add :)

Numberwang on there
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    While I'm here, has anyone tracking steps with Vivoactive/Garmin connect previously used Fitbit? I'm not sure if Garmin is more accurate but I'm getting only half the calories Fitbit earned me! I'm so hungry!!!

Before 13,000 steps would earn me 400+ cals, I'm lucky now to get 200 for the same step count...
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    While I'm here, has anyone tracking steps with Vivoactive/Garmin connect previously used Fitbit? I'm not sure if Garmin is more accurate but I'm getting only half the calories Fitbit earned me! I'm so hungry!!!

Before 13,000 steps would earn me 400+ cals, I'm lucky now to get 200 for the same step count...

I use both. Yes, Garmin gives less calories but I trust Garmin more. I probably would get around that for 13000 steps as well but as I increase the steps over a certain threshold, I start to get more credit. The faster you walk the more credit you get as well.
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    MurderMeSomeFat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am MurderMeSomeFat...
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivoactive and Fitbit One - and find the steps are pretty close -- 2 random days from last week == 3953/3636 -- 7235/7219

• DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    wood_teach wrote: »
    I received a vivoactive for Christmas and will be adding you to my connections on Garmin connect. I have been a mfp member for several years, and was very successful losing weight and improving fitness tremendously. I have fallen off the wagon and am looking to get back to where I was a year and a half ago. Please feel free to add me as well. I am wood_teach on Garmin connect.

Added. THANK YOU!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    gleggio wrote: »
    I just got my Garmin Vivosmart HR too and excited to use it to increase my activity. I would love to get in touch with people too to get motivation & support.

What is yoru Vivosmart nickname? Is it also gleggio?
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I am MurderMeSomeFat...

Love this name! Good thing it is not MurderMeSomeFatPEOPLE...that might freak me out. :) I will add you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Vivoactive : tjk1977
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Vivoactive : tjk1977

Request sent. Thanks!