any filling snacks that are not popcorn or nuts?

Options
13»

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @maroonmango211 I don't have a food scale..has this been a helpful tool? Love your seasoning mix..bet it is good on proteins too!

It has been one of the most useful kitchen tools I've picked up in the last years for sure. Without it, portions of anything but liquids are just estimates and for things that are higher calorie (like starches, butters, spreads and condiments) we can very easily over estimate enough to put us in the red. It's probably one of the main reasons for the 'what am I doing wrong I'm not losing' threads. I got mine for 5 bucks at a bargain store, for the most part they can be picked up pretty cheap.

It really is a universal seasoning mix for almost anything. Add a little cumin to it as well and its great for taco beef/turkey/tofu or mixed in greek yogurt for a southern tex mex salad dressing.

Going to go see if they have any online..how do u measure liquids? Would love too see a pic of it..I bet I am eyeballing my food wrong...great idea for a dressing..wow ty for all your help!

Fluid measuring cups and measuring spoons for most liquids. There's a huge selection out there of scales, some have bowls with them or are fancy looking. Mine litteraly looks like a simple glass flat plate with a small screen. It's touch sensitive to turn on and to change and reset weight (oz, grams etc), oh and it's neon blue :P I like it because its thin and can fit on top of my microwave so it's always out and easy to grab.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I suggest bigger meals and no snacks...
    Can u define a bigger meal? More veggies more protein? Am cluess last time I seriously dieted was 25 years ago..

Vegies for volume and fibre, protein and good fats too. I find eating 5-6 times a day tedious and unnecessary (and also makes me feel more hungry and have uneven energy) so just divide my macros between my 3 meals (or 3 plus dessert).

I saw the macros on the diary..what are they? Do u do more veggies to protein ratio or even..any good fat choiced..gosh I feel old and uninformed!
    I suggest bigger meals and no snacks...
    Can u define a bigger meal? More veggies more protein? Am cluess last time I seriously dieted was 25 years ago..

Vegies for volume and fibre, protein and good fats too. I find eating 5-6 times a day tedious and unnecessary (and also makes me feel more hungry and have uneven energy) so just divide my macros between my 3 meals (or 3 plus dessert).

I saw the macros on the diary..what are they? Do u do more veggies to protein ratio or even..any good fat choiced..gosh I feel old and uninformed!

Macro(nutrients) are proteins, fats and carbs. (micronutrients are your vitamins and minerals)

All food is made up of 1, 2 or 3 of the macros in various combinations. For example, Meat is protein and fat (in varying amounts depending on meat and cut) , vegies are generally mostly carb with a little protein and if you eat enough, some fat, nuts are mostly fat, oils are all fat.

1g carb or 1g protein will provide 4 calories whereas 1g fat is 9 calories. (not weight of the food, the amount of the macro in a food)

I don't track calories, instead I track macros. I make my food fit a certain amount of protein, fat and carbs - this gives me the opportunity to eat a certain ratio of each macro that fits my goals. If you're just getting in to tracking it may be easier to get the hang of calories first, then start playing around with different macro ratios.

I find protein and fats keep me full, but I like lots of volume so eat vegies that are less calorie dense so I get more of them.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Why you should weigh your food:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • lrenae501
    lrenae501 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with either peanut butter or hummus on top is one of my favorites.
  • tlrobinson83
    tlrobinson83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with no or low fat with some light wheat thins.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pickles, cheese, yogurt, a slice of cheese wrapped in a slice of meat.
  • adigriffon
    adigriffon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with raisins and cinnamon, or apple with almonds
  • Agarland34
    Agarland34 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with peanut butter
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hot chocolate 16 ounces of water.
    1.5 sleeves swiss miss w/ small marshmallows. 135 calories.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Protein balls that I recently tried out are filling cuz they have chia seeds and oats in them. They are just peanut butter,oats,honey,chia seeds and vanilla rolled into ball shapes. They make pretty good filling snacks