Options

Replies

• JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Come on now.... the best band ever...

WHAM!!!!!

0.jpg

that one dude married one of the girls from Bananarama.

the other dude gets arrested a lot.

Wait what??? He married someone from Bananarama?!! No wayyy,...

FLASHBACK TIME!!!

tumblr_mfuxgwfEpv1rsqvbwo1_500.gif
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The Drummers job is to keep the beat. So I think it's about what they're playing, who they're playing with. That's why I put Ringo on my list. And Bonzo at the top. Dave Grohl is awesome too. A top 5 list was tough, top 10 would be better.

Ringo didnt even play on 70% of the Beatles records. They used a session drummer.

Are you sure about that? 100% sure? I'm going to go get the expert. BRB. ((Dr. paging Dr. Quest))
  • clucas13
    clucas13 Posts: 7
    Options
    No love for Danny Carey?

NOW, we are talking! One of the most skilled drummers ever! Kudos to you ma'am for bringing his name up.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Somebody mentioned Motley Crue. I have had Motley Lue in my head all morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjP_NAIGmSQ
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Rick Allen Def Leppard

This is what I came here to say.

tumblr_mma0lcSeUW1rolmqeo1_250.gif
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The Drummers job is to keep the beat. So I think it's about what they're playing, who they're playing with. That's why I put Ringo on my list. And Bonzo at the top. Dave Grohl is awesome too. A top 5 list was tough, top 10 would be better.

Ringo didnt even play on 70% of the Beatles records. They used a session drummer.

Or as Lennon said, Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles

Right. He did say that, when he was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world. This was when they were just starting out.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Who would be your picks?

Id go with Neil Peart, John Bonham, Alex Van Halen, Keith Moon and Tommy Lee.

I'm not a rush fan, but if anyone's first person listed isn't Neil Pert they are wrong

Remove Tommy lee, add Carter Beuford (spelling?)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

Are you sure about that? 100% sure? I'm going to go get the expert. BRB. ((Dr. paging Dr. Quest))

yup
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Joy Division:
    Joy-Division-joy-division-1563347-622-480.jpg

Motley Cure:
    rock-band-dlc-motley-crue.jpg
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    No one mentioned Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan (RIP) from Avenged Sevenfold? I'm shocked.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Carter Beuford (spelling?)

OMG!!! I am so glad someone finally said it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Danny Carey from Tool is pretty amazing. They play in almost all non-standard time signatures also.

He'd be second only to Neil Peart.
  • Lennonluv2
    Options

yup

Not true.
  • JDUR19
    JDUR19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Neil Peart, Danny Carey, Jimmy Sullivan, Nicko McBrain, Joey Jordinson.

Love that Seinfeld reference.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Rick Allen Def Leppard

This is what I came here to say.

tumblr_mma0lcSeUW1rolmqeo1_250.gif

Me too...I haven't given much thought to who my other 4 would be but he is #1 for sure.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    533800_5123037521211292_181297854_s.jpg

That Rush guy.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    in no particular order...(sorry...i listed 6...i cant feel ok about dumping a single one)

blake richardson
    alex rudinger
    alexandre pelletier
    lyle cooper
    navene koperweis
    tomas haake

i make this list based on difficulty of what they play, limb independence, and structure/time signatures and changes.
  • Lennonluv2
    Options

yup

Not true. Ringo played on all but 4 songs.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    533800_512303752121129_181297854_s.jpg

That Rush guy.

* couldn't post the pic I wanted sooooo... the drums Patti's polishing for him.
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Danny Carey from Tool!