Who else is doing Insanity?

Options
Hello, everyone!

I'm currently on Week 3 on the Insanity 60 day fitness calendar.
Is anybody else doing Insanity?
I thought it'd be nice to know who else is doing the same type of workout so that we can feel motivated knowing that there's others out there going through the same pain lol.

Those pure cardio + cardio abs workouts on the same day are killers!

Replies

• carissaym
    carissaym Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight!
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I did it this past summer and I loved it! BE CAREFUL though! Wear good shoes and watch your form! Good luck! I've also done P90X3 and loved that skso
  • becomesurprised
    becomesurprised Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 13 of Insanity. This is my second time doing the program. While it is a tough workout, the results are impressive.
  • j0onahra3
    j0onahra3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love the results too! I've started Insanity about a month ago, but I slacked off the first time around. So I restarted it about 3 weeks ago. This week is the end of Week 3 for me :)
  • MeganMcBane
    MeganMcBane Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 1 (fit test) :-)
  • Lss3771
    Lss3771 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to
    Try insanity . I'm
    Almost 45 but have been doing 21 day fix and other various workouts for almost a year . I'm afraid I will get hurt trying Insanity . My knees hurt sometimes.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Max30. I have 3 days off this week for the Shakeology 3 day refresh but then I'm getting back into it. Isotostonier, I know Max 30 has a modified version which is what I use because of knee problems.
  • natasharosekabar
    natasharosekabar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished plyometrics day 1; I wasn't able to do the fit test yesterday; however, I'm hoping to try and do it tomorrow, if my legs aren't wobbling too much. I did insanity a year or 2 ago, but only got about 2 or 3 weeks in. I'm starting again this year in hopes of actually finishing a round of it. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ! Keep killing it out there !
  • greyzie123x
    greyzie123x Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband has done the full 60 days about 5 times now. He's 53 and looks great!! I do it now and again during my lunch break at work, but haven't got my head around doing the full set
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've completed the 60 day calendar twice and then skipped around doing it here and there. The results are amazing and just being able to say you've done it is bragging rights. As Shaun T would say, "you can do it!" Right now my husband and I are doing a PIYO/Insanity/T25 mix - I fell of the wagon and need to change up the routine again before I go full on Insanity again. Feel free to add me! I know the pain the amount of times I yelled "eff you" to Shaun T is out of control! haha! :)
  • j0onahra3
    Options
    I'm so glad there are so many of you who are starting Insanity! I know how hard it could be to continue his program. There is A LOT of jumping in his workouts, and for those who have weak knees, that is a downer. I actually got my right knee injured from running with bad form, and I'm always making sure that my form is correct when doing Insanity. But please make sure you recover from your knees first before starting Insanity. I honestly wouldn't recommend Insanity to people who have weak joints. There's so many potential ways to injure your joints all over again with Insanity.

That being said, make sure you're taking good collagen pills to make sure your joints don't get too stiff. I had to take collagen supplements to help my joints heal.

I just finished Week 4 Day 2 yesterday with cardio power and resistance. I don't know what it is, but I cannot do the pushups LOL! I'm slowly getting better, but I'm still not strong enough to go through the entire video without stopping. Today is going to be Plyometrics! :)

If anybody's interested, I'm going to be blogging on my blog about my experience here: my blog

Insanity definitely is showing me results even though it probably would show better results if I changed my diet. It's a good program if you want to get toned and lose fat at the same time. I'm currently not going on the weighing scale because I know my weight will discourage me if I don't see any loss. But I definitely do see fat loss and toned arms from these workouts. Good luck on your Insanity journey, everyone! :smiley:
  • lindsayh87
    Options
    j0onahra3 wrote: »
    Insanity definitely is showing me results even though it probably would show better results if I changed my diet. It's a good program if you want to get toned and lose fat at the same time. I'm currently not going on the weighing scale because I know my weight will discourage me if I don't see any loss. But I definitely do see fat loss and toned arms from these workouts. Good luck on your Insanity journey, everyone! :smiley:

The workouts burn so many calories that unless you are eating like complete crap then you should still see results. I ate quite a bit while doing the program to fuel my body. I found that the first 4 weeks I saw a lot of change in the mirror but very little on the scale. Don't be discouraged by this at all. Once I started doing the max work outs, the numbers on the scale fell super fast. Those work outs are fast and furious but you CAN do them! I know a lot of people give up when they hit that point because it gets scary but seriously, trust the process!
  • j0onahra3
    Options
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    j0onahra3 wrote: »

The workouts burn so many calories that unless you are eating like complete crap then you should still see results. I ate quite a bit while doing the program to fuel my body. I found that the first 4 weeks I saw a lot of change in the mirror but very little on the scale. Don't be discouraged by this at all. Once I started doing the max work outs, the numbers on the scale fell super fast. Those work outs are fast and furious but you CAN do them! I know a lot of people give up when they hit that point because it gets scary but seriously, trust the process!

Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm just happy seeing results for once. I used to do a variety of workouts, but they never really gave me results like this before. Definitely worth the suffering ;)
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Insanity! I've done a couple rounds and currently on my rest week between months. The body changes and elevated fitness levels have been fantastic.
  • kaelynAvery
    kaelynAvery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity! I'm finishing up week 3! Add me!!
  • cdarling24
    cdarling24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to restart insanity to help train for tour this summer. I've tried insanity before (only made it 3 weeks through) and loved it, but have a hard time keeping accountability for myself. Hopeful to make it through this time around!
  • liz_716
    liz_716 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Middle of week 2 for me! Already lost about 4 inches all around with a decent diet. Starting to really crack down on my diet though so hopefully after the 60 days I can have the optimal results!
  • lindsayh87
    Options
    Here were my before and afters from my first round :)

fnxesviubfzl.jpg
  • j0onahra3
    Options
    Wow! I'm loving all this support and wonderful stories about all of your insanity results! Insanity is definitely hard to stick to, but once you fight through and go through it all, I'm sure it'll all be worth it! :)
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    Here were my before and afters from my first round :)

fnxesviubfzl.jpg

Wow, Lindsay! Those are definitely some nice results! Definitely motivational! Can't wait to see some nice results after I finish my round! :)
  • krissu95
    krissu95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, those results are incredible ! I've tried Insanity before, but never finished it. I hope this time I will, it really is a great cardio workout.

Girls, if you have more photos of your results ( like Lindsay), post them !!! This will give us ambition. :blush: