What did you have for dinner tonight that was super healthy AND crazy delicious??

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I had two bags of shirataki macaroni with two organic chicken sausages, mixed with 3 wedges of laughing cow cheese and nutritional yeast. Big bowl of meaty "mac and cheese" for 315 calories.

How are those shirataki noodles? I've seen them in stores, but have yet to try. Do they have the same macaroni al-dente kind of feel? I've also heard kelp noodles are super low cal, but am going to have to order some to try.
    I had two bags of shirataki macaroni with two organic chicken sausages, mixed with 3 wedges of laughing cow cheese and nutritional yeast. Big bowl of meaty "mac and cheese" for 315 calories.

How are those shirataki noodles? I've seen them in stores, but have yet to try. Do they have the same macaroni al-dente kind of feel? I've also heard kelp noodles are super low cal, but am going to have to order some to try.

I love them. Some don't like them. The thing is a lot of people just rinse them and eat them. You have to dry fry them first-moisture is not their friend. I literally eat them every night. They are not al dente feeling at all though. I'd say try, it won't hurt. The first time I tried them my eyes lit up because I could actually eat a lot of noodles and stay in a deficit. I did something simple like stir-fry veggies with shrimp and soy sauce. Now I do spaghetti style/mac and cheese. I

I have tried the kelp noodles and thought they were very bad. That being said, I may not have prepared them correctly. I encouraged a few people who said they didn't like shirataki to try them again but dry fry them first and they changed their minds. I'm not sure what you would have to do to make those kelp noodles taste good though.
  • jillcockerham
    jillcockerham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I tried a couple of new recipes: Cauliflower scallion pancakes (no flour) and Crispy Asian Brussel Sprouts. I could've eated every single one of those brussel sprouts!

http://thebakermama.com/recipes/crispy-asian-brussels-sprouts/
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Six-ounce salmon filet microwaved with some tamari, homemade creamed spinach (frozen chopped spinach + greek yogurt), and a cup of Near East Mediterranean curry couscous. Yum.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Turkey tacos! Nom nom nom!!
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Half of a baked spaghetti squash filled with turkey taco meat and topped with shredded Mexican cheese. 485 calories and very filling.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Had to make a meal train dinner for a friend so I made a double for myself. In one pan: chicken cutlets, assorted potatoes (red, gold and purple), and fresh green beans. Sprinkle a pack of Good Seasons Italian dressing over it, melt a stick of butter and pour that over. Bake. Super easy to assemble, cook and clean up. I actually made my own seasoning this time due to a gluten intolerance in the family I was cooking for. It was ok, but the meal was a little blander than what I remember from before. Probably need to add more salt if I'm going to make my own again.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Rice Chex with 2% milk. Yep breakfast is dinner!!!

Preach! I went with two eggs, a slice of lactose free cheese, Turkey sausage and half an English muffin
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love a good homemade turkey reuben. I'm a big fan of cabbage products. Toast bread and add a slice of cheese, then cook some sauerkraut and add worcestershire sauce, heat up turkey slices in the same pan for a few minutes. Stack the kraut on top of the cheese, then the turkey. It's a little messy, but totally worth it.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Steamed mini peppers with grilled chicken, avocado, and fresh salsa! I seasoned the chicken and peppers with lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, a little Himalayan pink salt and fresh parsley!
  • pvignard
    pvignard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cod fish filet with passion fruits (no sauce, the fruit IS the sauce... yummy!)
    Carrots with mango
    Wheat

Very low calories meal but sooooo good!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Last night was broiled tilapia, zucchini and a sweet potato with butter. Tonight will be baked chicken thighs, some leftover fried rice and veggies.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Last night was roasted chicken and broccoli. Tonight we're have venison stir fry.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Mr. Pibb and Red Vines

crazydelicious.jpg

Well...that's halfway there anyway...
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I made Rockin' Moroccan stew, from the book Crazy Plates by Janet and Greta Podlanski - vegetarian, includes tomatoes, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, onion, green pepper, celery, spices and peanut butter - abolsutely delicious, even for this carnivore!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Oh the real shirataki. .. I have those too lol. I think it was you I first saw mention dry fry a while back and it definitely works. For some reason I was thinking of the tofu ones to have with cheese. I stocked up on everything this past week.

No I used the tofu ones tonight! I dry fry them too. I feel like the tofu holds even more moisture than the traditional/real shirataki

I never thought about it for the tofu noodles. Might have to try it. I always do some kind of fry for regular tofu to help with texture so it does make sense. Thanks for the ideas.

hehe I think they are stinky too so I just did it right away. I never tried without dry frying. Enjoy!

I wasn't able to cook last night because we had a plumber in the kitchen fixing things. I just made a variation of your cheesy noodles and man is this good! I dry fried and it does make a huge difference. I used lean hamburger meat because I had chicken sausage for breakfast.

It's very good and doesn't taste like low calorie at all. Definitely will make this a lot lol. Thanks again!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Mr. Pibb and Red Vines

crazydelicious.jpg

Rest days are important, so I think Lazy Sunday meets the definition of Super Healthy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh the real shirataki. .. I have those too lol. I think it was you I first saw mention dry fry a while back and it definitely works. For some reason I was thinking of the tofu ones to have with cheese. I stocked up on everything this past week.

No I used the tofu ones tonight! I dry fry them too. I feel like the tofu holds even more moisture than the traditional/real shirataki

I never thought about it for the tofu noodles. Might have to try it. I always do some kind of fry for regular tofu to help with texture so it does make sense. Thanks for the ideas.

hehe I think they are stinky too so I just did it right away. I never tried without dry frying. Enjoy!

I wasn't able to cook last night because we had a plumber in the kitchen fixing things. I just made a variation of your cheesy noodles and man is this good! I dry fried and it does make a huge difference. I used lean hamburger meat because I had chicken sausage for breakfast.

It's very good and doesn't taste like low calorie at all. Definitely will make this a lot lol. Thanks again!

Yes! So glad you like it. I've been eating it every night. I'm like a child. Two servings of mac and cheese with meat for 300 calories? Yes. I add broccoli sometimes but have been skipping it lately
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash risotto on a bed of watercress, spinach and rocket (arugula)... 330 calories of delicious

And a Neapolitan ice cream sandwich for another 106
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Mr. Pibb and Red Vines

crazydelicious.jpg

Rest days are important, so I think Lazy Sunday meets the definition of Super Healthy.

fcebf702237c9d3d84ea5e1514a42c14826d9ceb65328c831f24cf0b29277d1a.jpg
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    London broil (beef roast), baked potato, Greek yogurt "sour cream," roasted veggies (celery, onion, carrots, and broccoli). Around 500 calories of delicious, balanced nutrition.

Oops, I see I logged the veggies wrong. Well, I'm not ultra accurate in logging (I accept I'm at best 90% accurate lol).