Anyone on here with hypothyroidism?

Options
124»

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have hypothyroidism as well! I was diagnosed about 3 years ago and I am on 75mcg of Levothyroxine. If anybody would like to add me, I would LOVE to have people supporting me and that I can support that are going through the same thing as me! Also, if anyone has had success I'd like to know!! :smile:
  • RachelGIbsonFitness
    RachelGIbsonFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there...me too! Just diagnosed and started on 100 mcg of Synthroid. I'm scheduled for a lot of tests to figure out what's going on with my thyroid and parathyroid but all I know is that at the age of 48 I don't feel good anymore. I'm a runner and an active mom of 4 girls (19, 17, 13 and 9) and recently began gaining weight and falling asleep at 9pm. I eat an average 1200 calories and day and work out 5 days a week. Nice to meet you...I wanna add you!!
  • kamiyu910
    kamiyu910 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup, 28 and just diagnosed. My doctor tested my tsh and t4 levels and found them to be very off so I've been on 100 mcg of Levothyroxine for about 7 weeks. The last time I got tested my tsh was down to 1 (yay!) and I've lost about 13 lbs since. I have other problems as well, and it makes it hard to want to work out and eat right, but I have to stay stubborn and sometimes just force myself. I tend to feel better as long as I don't overdo it.
    To the one claiming a raw food diet can "cure" hypothyroidism, what do you do if you're allergic to all raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and some grains? And is there any scientific data to back up your statement?
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am also on Levothyroxine 50mcg for little over a year. Good times!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    PLEASE READ!!!!
    I want to share with everyone here, I have no thyroid, thyroid cancer 2 years ago, I am also a nurse, felt awful, for a long time, gained 20lb, and finally figured out what needs to be done by your doctor. Your doctor needs to test your FREE t4 and free t3 along with the tsh, ask your doctor to raise your synthroid until the t4 and t3 are in the upper third of normal. When I finally done this, I have started to lose weight and feel so much better:)_
    Louise

Yep! Exactly this! I just got a new prescription in the mail to have bloodwork done. My doctor would only check the "TSH" level until i specifically asked him to also check T3 & T4.
  • sexywifeishot
    Options
    Been hypo since 1997. Can't seem to lose the weight, just gaining. I exercise, but I still seem to want to eat more. However, I also discovered that caffeine affected my blood sugar levels after I was diagnosed. If I have caffeine, I eat more because I get shaky hungry sooner. After 16 years of this crap, I've decided to join the club and get serious, since I'm two pounds away from being considered medically obese (BMI of 30). This is my plan! 1st step for me. I will ban caffeine from my diet, including hidden sources of it (sigh, chocolate). 2nd step is to ban the processed sugar foods. (sigh, no more smoothies). Only sugar allowed is from fruit. Let's see how far I can go with these two steps. Wish me luck!
  • erinfaaaaace
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to only be on .50 mcgs a day since November, but I still suffer the same.

I'd love some more friends who are in the same boat.

Feel free to add me!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo as well. Feel free to add, anyone! I'm always looking for hypo friends :)
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    yes. I am on Armour Thyroid and was just rechecked again actually b/c I have been losing and gaining the same 10lbs for the past 6 months and it's getting old. The PA won't help me though b/c my numbers are 'normal', like, 0.9 in a range of 0.8-1.86 being 'normal'. Prior to having my daughter I was on a higher dose with much better numbers than that and felt much better but it's 'normal' so she won't even return me to my pre-pregnancy dosage. I'm actually quite annoyed and that's why I was searching, I need other ways to help me actually lose this weight while I find a new doctor....