Can't lose my first pound.

Options
13»

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I find it best if yu don't eat after 6 because by 6 your sitting and not really doing much :) hope I helped a little

Meal timing is totally irrelevant to weight loss.

That's your opinion but I don't think so !

Just because you don't "think" so, science trumps all.

Well I have lost over 2 stone so it Works for me !

No, a calorie deficit is what works. It has nothing to do with time you eat.

^^ I agree, I don't get home from work until 6.15
    I eat between 7-8. Not hindered my weight loss.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I find it best if yu don't eat after 6 because by 6 your sitting and not really doing much :) hope I helped a little

Meal timing is totally irrelevant to weight loss.

That's your opinion but I don't think so !

It's actually a verifiable fact, and very interesting to learn about. You should try to do some research because it will help you better understand your own body and help you to accurately help others instead of spreading misinformation. CICO is the only factor to losing weight, but whatever tricks you use to help you eat fewer calories is great. But the trick isn't the reason for your weight loss, your caloric deficit is the reason. I don't eat after 8 pm as a rule for myself so that Dinner is my last meal, but that's not WHY I'll be successful. Eating under my maintenance calories is why I'll succeed :) You will too- especially if you know what works for YOU and keep with it!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

This is of no help to anyone as it's meaningless.
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg

So if I dont eat back exercise cals (I usually eat back 5-10% if at all) does this mean I wont lose? Im just starting my 21st day and have gained a lb. I have,however, just upgraded to 8lb weights. I can see that Im tighter, but no inches or lbs lost. Im also 45.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    @KudraM

Nope, eat back at least 25% of calories burned, that is how MFP is designed. Exercise is for health and caolrie deficit is for weight loss.