Girls eating over 1500 cals and losing

Replies

• brown1000501
    brown1000501 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Add me :smiley: I'm trying out 1500 calories. I would like to see 3lbs a week but 1200 calories is not realistic for me. I like the 1500+ plan and I'm learning how to gauge the whole burn more/eat more science of it by using MFP & fitbit.
  • dw920
    dw920 Posts: 41 Member
    My allowance each day is around 1,900 because I have a 2 month old I am exclusively breastfeeding. I need to take in at least that amount for a good milk supply. I've lost three pounds in the last week of eating that amount.
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    My goal is around 1500 but almost always eat back exercise calories (workout most days and wear a Fitbit everyday) so I usually end up closer to 1800. I have tried eating 1200 and I was SO HANGRY. Feel free to add me!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Hi Great thread! MFP is telling me 1200 cals daily but I keep bringing partly because I think the calories are too loo. There for I will loose 5 lbs gain 5lbs because I cant take such low calories I say for get it.
    Maybe I need to look at some Over 1200 and Losing Diaries. Do you Just send a message to request a friend?
  • kgabennesch
    kgabennesch Posts: 2 Member
    I only WISH I could eat that much and breastfeed my 2.5 month old and lose weight :( I'm struggling so hard Bc I feel like no matter what I do, while I breast feed my body won't drop weight...I've tried everything!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I do! I lose on 2200-2500ish.

I'm slowly upping them even higher now though as I want to gain weight this year but there's no reason at all to be as low as 1200 to lose. I was on 2200 first week of Jan, then 2350 last week and I lost just over 3lbs in that time.

It will depend on your activity level, current size/weight, body composition etc, but I still think the majority of people would benefit from much more than the minimum recommended!
  • marimcginn34
    marimcginn34 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm eating 1530 calories and so far I'm losing! It would be great if I could add some new friends!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    My goal is 1600 right now, and 1800-1900 on days that I exercise. I'm 264 now, 5'9 and losing about 2 lbs/week with that plan.
  • exoticpumpkin
    exoticpumpkin Posts: 24 Member
    Feel free to add me, I am around 1600-1750 cal/day and losing (IIFYM)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    This kind of threads are a bit deceiving

Because when i eat 2000 calories a day on TDEE
    And one of my friend with the same stats as i in MFP eat 2000 calories on MFP so NEAT

Than the big question is does the friend eat back exercise or not?

After all 2000 calories seems a lot but when i exercise 400 or even 700 calories than i NET only 1600 or 1300.
    Since i do TDEE i dont eat my exercise back.

While NEAT so MFP requires to eat the burns back, but a lot of people dont or do less.

So it is not who eat 1500 But who NET 1500 calorie intake ;)

95069916.png
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    I was wondering the same thing Burn. I am at 1625 based on my TDEE less 20%. This is my net and I dont eat back or log my exercise calories as that is considered in my non-MFP calculation. On days I am less active I eat a bit less. But its nice to find those who arent at 1200.

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    I only WISH I could eat that much and breastfeed my 2.5 month old and lose weight :( I'm struggling so hard Bc I feel like no matter what I do, while I breast feed my body won't drop weight...I've tried everything!

I had the same issue with all three of my children. While I didn't find anything that worked at the time, I've since learned about my body type dietary suggestions based on that. Looking back, I also wish I would have had info about increasing healthy fats and decreasing carbs....not to ketosis, but just in general. As a former La Leche leader, I can see how it might benefit the breastfeeding process for mother and baby.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited January 2016

I had the same issue with all three of my children. While I didn't find anything that worked at the time, I've since learned about my body type dietary suggestions based on that. Looking back, I also wish I would have had info about increasing healthy fats and decreasing carbs....not to ketosis, but just in general. As a former La Leche leader, I can see how it might benefit the breastfeeding process for mother and baby.

Me too! Breastfeeding I was CRAVING simple carbs! Cravings while BFIng were worse than any cravings during any of my 3 pregnancies. It was terrible. I was gaining weight while BFing. Here I am 6m PP having to burn it all off.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I am losing on 2000, mind you I am nursing a baby. Regularly I lose on 1600.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing Burn. I am at 1625 based on my TDEE less 20%. This is my net and I dont eat back or log my exercise calories as that is considered in my non-MFP calculation. On days I am less active I eat a bit less. But its nice to find those who arent at 1200.

indeed lol
    When you look at my intake yesterday ( 2000) and than my exercise which was at least 715 calories NET than i only would have taken in 1285 calories ( but of course i ate some more hehehe :) )

So i do TDEE and i eat around the 2000 but i exercise per week a minimum of 2000 calories NET!!!!! So not gross.

so average would be 7 x 2000 calorie intake = 14000 minus my exercise would be 12000
    So daily average over the week is around 1700 ;)

For the people who thought the intake of 2000 was high hehehe....

95069916.png

• mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah I'm 28, 5'6" and 142 and have easily lost a lb/week in the past with 1700 and a cheat day on Saturdays - nothing crazy; my TDEE - 20% is 1790 so i am sort of saving those extra 90 calories most days, and that way I give myself some cushion the weekends, which keeps life fun

I do workout 6x days a week though, so that helps too
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    me. i've got my diary set to 1800 atm but should be at 2100. I'm just waiting on a new meal plan and hadn't been working out as heavy during xmas festivities. Will be upping gradually back to 2100 again.

• Lench0902
    Lench0902 Posts: 24 Member
    MFP has my goal at 1540. Trying to be more consistent at logging my food. Feel free to add me.
  • xto951
    xto951 Posts: 8 Member
    My goal is 1710 for a 1.5 weight loss. I haven't lost what I'm supposed to but I also haven't been working out to much so going to stick with it to try and work out more.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Hello, I've only been logging for about two weeks. But I am losing (diary is currently private) while eating sometimes as many as 2200 calories per day. I have always been better at exercising a lot as opposed to cutting back on food. So I do my morning yoga, eat as I normally would (vegetarian, lots of whole grains and beans) although sometimes limiting the cheese and butter a bit, and usually end up with 200-300 calories left before dinner.

I do a rough estimate of what my dinner will be (often close to 800 calories!), then exercise enough to work it off beforehand. Takes maybe 70-80 minutes doing high-intensity cardio like step aerobics, mixed martial arts cardio DVDs, running intervals on the treadmill, or urban rebounding. I try to mix it up to avoid injury.

If I end up with like 500 extra calories from exercise or something, even after dinner, I'll just have an extra snack or dessert. I figure I've earned it. And I'm much more likely to stick with this if I don't feel deprived.

Not doing much strength training at the moment (some kettlebells) because I am a bit tired of Tony Horton after a couple of rounds of P90X and P90X3 but I did buy a home gym (delivery on Saturday) and a 300-lb Olympic weight set (fiance will be using it too, and the plates work with the home gym cables) so I will be getting into that soon.

Anyway, seems to be working so far. Much better than past efforts, at any rate. Tomorrow is official weigh-in day and it looks like I'll be down another pound or so from my week 2 efforts. May not be for everyone, but I have the time and the equipment and an entire room dedicated to exercise in the basement, so it works for me.