Emergency need of weight loss! Help

Options
13»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Buy new clothes that fit properly and are flattering your figure. It is the best you can do to look good in a month. In the meantime, start working on weight loss, so if a new important event happens next year, you will not be again in the same situation.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    ZeroDelta wrote: »
    I find it interesting that quite a few people have commented here and OP says it's "emergency" but never returns to comment. Odd.

Why would the OP return? OP didn't get the answer they were looking for. ;)

I suppose you are right. I hate when that happens...like its a huge deal and a bunch of people respond to try and help and then...nothing. Sigh.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I suspect OP is gone.
    On another note, I haven't been on the forums in a while and now I notice you can't find out a person's age by clicking on their profile anymore. That information would have been very helpful here (although I'm sure we can guess).
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    What kind of event has weight as a requirement? Will there be a weigh-in before they let you through the doors?

My advice, start eating at a reasonable calorie deficit, buy some spanx and a flattering outfit, and if you like maybe reduce your carb and sodium intake while drinking lots of water a few days before to minimize water retention.

this!

I really cannot see any reason why you would damage yourself physically to shed a few pounds in order to go to an event. ESPECIALLY if it's all for vanity's sake. You didn't get to your current weight in a month, you won't get out of it in a month.

Forget the crazy goal, and instead focus on starting a life change. Adjust your habits to eat healthier, at a comfortable deficit, and add in some exercise. Realize that this body is yours for life, not just for entertainment, and start treating it like the valuable resource it is.

You wouldn't try to run your car a crazy distance at high speeds with little fuel in the tank and expect it to get you there without running out of gas, or breaking down... don't expect your body to be any different!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I suspect OP is gone.
    On another note, I haven't been on the forums in a while and now I notice you can't find out a person's age by clicking on their profile anymore. That information would have been very helpful here (although I'm sure we can guess).

Yeah you can...if their settings allow it to be shown.

I can see OP's profile says she's 18 (though I, along with others, suspect that may not be true)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    ZeroDelta wrote: »
    I find it interesting that quite a few people have commented here and OP says it's "emergency" but never returns to comment. Odd.

Why would the OP return? OP didn't get the answer they were looking for. ;)

Exactly!