Low carb versus Low fat

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    shamiraj wrote: »
    I been in a plateau for about two weeks. I even changed up my workout routine. I use my mvp to log everything. I lost 50 lbs and want to lose 50 more. So at first I was watching calories the calories that mvp set for me but now even me cutting more calories to go with my weight loss it seems to have slowed to no weight loss per week. Maybe I'm starting to gain muscle? I strength train 4 days a week, hit the gym twice on Mondays and 3 more times doing the week not to mention my daily lunge, squats, and a few more I do at home in the morning time.

Have you readjusted your calorie goal to reflect your 50 pounds weight loss? Your caloric needs will be less as you lose more weight.

Do you use a food scale to weigh all solids?

As you lose more weight you need to be more strict with logging and what not.

i would also make sure that you are using correct MFP database entries.

If you are not losing weight, it is because you are not in a calorie deficit, period.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't really a plateau. I wouldn't worry about it unless you plateau for longer than a few weeks. If you are working out that much, you might try taking measurements. If you are gaining muscle (or replacing fat with muscle) you will see a reduction in your measurements but not necessarily your weight. You can track your measurements in the same are of MFP that you track your weight. After all, it's not really about the number on the scale, it's about being fit and healthier.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Low cal balanced diet. Add more exercise and reduce total calories. Carbs fuel your workout/day and fat keeps you full. Low calorie is the only thing that works.