Options
13»

Replies

• simon_pickard
    simon_pickard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So from your posts..

You're eating 1250 cals per day?
    You're burning 1500 cals per day from exercise?
    Let's add another 1500 (I'd guess more but whatever) cals per day resting cal burn.

So that's:
    1250 cals per day in.
    3000 cals per day out.

I estimate you'll be dead within a year from starvation, if you don't pass out and get hit by oncoming traffic first.

Seriously though. You'll be in a constant starvation mode where your body will be hanging onto every cal it can.

Stop trying to take short cuts. Work out your maintenance cals. Go 500-750 less per day. Stop doing endless cardio that's burning your muscle away as much as anything and start lifting heavy stuff.

It'll take longer but will be sustainable, you'll look better as you'll have muscle tone, and you won't feel like killing people due to a bad diet.

• jakeziskin1
    jakeziskin1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. From reading the reviews and more online, it's true carbs don't mean much, it's calories and thanks for the help. I'm back up to 1600 daily and now burning 1000 daily, it was tough but I lost 40 pounds and instead of stoping in just adapting to a healthier life style. Thanks for all the tips again and stay healthy
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. From reading the reviews and more online, it's true carbs don't mean much, it's calories and thanks for the help. I'm back up to 1600 daily and now burning 1000 daily, it was tough but I lost 40 pounds and instead of stoping in just adapting to a healthier life style. Thanks for all the tips again and stay healthy

If you are burning 1000 cal a day in the gym you NEED TO EAT MORE. 1600 is not enough. Your NET number needs to be 1600. Your gross number - what you are actually eating - should be more around 2600.

Food - exercise = NET

Net + exercise = FOOD

MFP number + exercise = FOOD
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

If you are burning 1000 cal a day in the gym you NEED TO EAT MORE. 1600 is not enough. Your NET number needs to be 1600. Your gross number - what you are actually eating - should be more around 2600.

Food - exercise = NET

Net + exercise = FOOD

MFP number + exercise = FOOD

Hey thanks for the advice but can you break it down for me more. Simplfly for me if you will. What does net mean? Mfp? And also why would I wanna eat more than I burn off. If I burn 1000 a day and eat 1600 il continue to lose weight. I have 20 more to go
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice but can you break it down for me more. Simplfly for me if you will. What does net mean? Mfp? And also why would I wanna eat more than I burn off. If I burn 1000 a day and eat 1600 il continue to lose weight. I have 20 more to go

If you are a 28-year-old man, your net calories at the end of the day should be at least 1500. Now they are 600, if you are burning 1000 with exercise. That is 900 too little! Net cal means the calories your body burns every day just by existing, even when you are in a coma. If your body was in a coma for a week, you would still burn consistently 7 x 1500 just to keep your body functions going.

MyFitnessPal (MFP) is built in a way that when you plug in your stats at the start, the calorie number it gives you to eat (in your case, 1600 was the given number), is what you lose weight with when you don't exercise. So if you exercise on top of that, you need to eat back at least half of your exercise calories, and YOU WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT. You have to eat to fuel your workouts.

If you continue to eat too little while burning 1000cal with workouts, if you keep your net calories at 600 at the end of the day (instead of 1500-1600), your body will take the burned off calories from the fastest source in your own body. That might be your organs, including your heart. You can only burn so much fat in one day, the rest of the energy will come off of eating your own muscles.
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    I really appreciate the help. I'm going to eat more and be more conscious of my net from now on