Can men & women truly be JUST FRIENDS

Options

Replies

• britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    It can be difficult to find but yeah I think so !
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, but sometimes the 3rd leg is too powerful.

Lol!

I think so.....they just have to both be in it for a friendship and nothing more.
  • JCrazyRunner5
    JCrazyRunner5 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    its possible, but highly unlikely in most circumstances. just from experience.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Men : Can u c Megan Fox naked and do nothing ?

Women : Can u c Henry Cavill naked and do nothing ?

Henry Cavill? Yes. I could easily do nothing.

Megan Fox? I would do very naughty things with her if she consented. :blushing:
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options

Yes, most of the time..
    A guy never really wants to be ur friend at least in my past experiences it's all BS
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Can men & women truly be JUST FRIENDS

Yes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yes. There may be attraction, sometimes, but you just don't cross the line. I have had male friends my entire life. I don't flirt with them, and they don't flirt with me. We're just good friends.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    In for part 50:

Yes, I believe they can. As long as there are boundaries that are respected.

I'm not saying it's necessarily an easy thing to do, just that it can be done.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    oh! another one of these threads!!!!

I'm just breathless with anticipation because I'm sure someone is going to say something that hasn't been said in the last five million threads about this topic!!!

Cisheteronormative boredom, FTW!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think so. I feel like they make think so, but at some point feelings will get involved that you didn't even know were there. One of ya'll starts dating someone, one of ya'll suddenly becomes single. That "just friends" thing can change very quickly. I was recently contacted by a guy I hung out with ONCE 4 years ago, before I was with my boyfriend. The guy didn't call me after that one hangout for like a year, and now here he comes again. He says I am a beautiful woman and he would like to have me as a friend at least on facebook if not in real life. He goes on to say that he actually was interested in me back in the day he just never called because he was going through alot and didn't want to add me to it. (All this time I assumed it was cuz I was fat). But now he is trying to get me to meet up with him and "hang out". Sound fishy to anyone else?

Your situation does not sound like groundwork to be just friends.

Can men and women be just friends? Yes, if they both put out.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Yes, most of the time..
    A guy never really wants to be ur friend at least in my past experiences it's all BS

Don't blame your friends, blame human evolution:smokin:
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options

Yes, most of the time..

Well if that's your experience, it MUST be the case for all dudes. I stand corrected.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...even when their is attraction I still think its possible to be just friends. It really depends on the two individuals involved and their intentions
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    will-and-grace.jpg

These two were besties. Don't forget that. :smile:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Well if that's your experience, it MUST be the case for all dudes. I stand corrected.

That's an impressive tranformation dltaylorii!!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes! - One of my best friends from college was also my roommate for over a year is a dude - and we have maintained a friendship for over 20 years - now as far as him and my girlfriends go, thats another story!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he is single and lonely and thinking back on all the women he could have had.

No telling where you are on the list, but if this doesn't pan out, he's sure to think of another one that he hung out with eleventy-billion years ago.

I'm not trying to question his sincerity... I just know guys that do this all the time. I get random phone calls from dudes I haven't spoken to in forever all the time, and they are really just calling to see if they might have a shot.

But if you are single now, go out with him... maybe there is some chemistry there that you didn't notice before...

you never know.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh... and let me just add that friendship and mutual attraction are both two-way streets.

Men and women can just be friends... but if there is a mutual attraction, then there is always a possibility that one might eventually want to be more than. That doesn't mean that they can't just be friends.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I like to have man friends. But they are my husbands friends too. And we all together as a group. Never just me and a man friend.