Can men & women truly be JUST FRIENDS

Options

Replies

• dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Well if that's your experience, it MUST be the case for all dudes. I stand corrected.

That's an impressive tranformation dltaylorii!!

Thanks. It's mostly from all the prancersizing I do.
  • ChaseMeier
    ChaseMeier Posts: 52
    Options
    I have had female friends that were just friends. The key is to find someone of the opposite sex that you are so unattracted to and be their friend. Yes it may sound shallow, but if I am not attracted to them I obviously won't want to have sex with them.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have had female friends that were just friends. The key is to find someone of the opposite sex that you are so unattracted to and be their friend. Yes it may sound shallow, but if I am not attracted to them I obviously won't want to have sex with them.

I have male friends that I find attractive and will only ever be friends. I don't think it is impossible.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i can def be friends with a woman i am not interested in having sex with.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think you can be attracted to people and still be friends. I mean...it's just about knowing where the boundaries are...Some of my long-time guy friends, I think of more like brothers at this point. If both parties are in a happy relationship, it makes it a lot easier as well....although I do have some guy friends that I don't talk to or see much when they have serious girlfriends bc that's the way it goes sometimes, usually because their girlfriends don't like them having close friends that are girls...I'm cool with that though. haha
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I can be just friends with a women, even if they are attractive!!!
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options

I have male friends that I find attractive and will only ever be friends. I don't think it is impossible.

Truth.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Yes they can.
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    Of course
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    SNICKER. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    i can def be friends with a woman i am not interested in having sex with.

BEST answer ever :wink:
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    YES its not about whats between the legs it's about whats between the chest mucsles and spinal cord (heart)
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    NO, NO, NO !!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T BE DONE. ASK ANY WOMAN WHO'S HUSBAND LEFT HER FOR HIS SECRETARY, NURSE, CO- WORKER, JUST ASK ME!!!! NO
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    Men : Can u c Megan Fox naked and do nothing ?

Women : Can u c Henry Cavill naked and do nothing ?

Well, yes.
    Is this a serious question?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on how you define "friends." If a "friend" is someone you might want to sleep with but never actually follow through, then sure. But if we're talking about genuine friendship, I think that's only possible if there isn't a mutual sexual attraction.

In general, if two people find each other sexually attractive, they will never be "just friends." And I don't mean "Sure, he's/she's good looking." I mean "If I could, I would screw his/her brains out every single day." If you think of each other in that way, then you are not just friends, no matter how good you are at concealing your desire to sleep with each other. And all of this "Oh, we'd never do anything like that! We're just friends!" posturing is a bunch of bull****.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yes, however I have a flirty personality so it may come off differently to some
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Only if they're wearing snowsuits, snorkels, and a chastity belt.

THEN and only THEN should it be ok.
  • N3ssa_V
    N3ssa_V Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This dude sounds fishy- yes. Why be your friend when its convenient to you? That sounds like a opportunist to me.
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    Alright now I don't know if I agree with the wording here. What does it mean to be "just friends" it makes it sound like a bad thing!

Of course men and women can be friends. You can find someone attractive without being attracted to them.

I repeat:

/You can find someone attractive without being attracted to them./

Going by the notion that men and women couldn't possibly get by without banging each other then I guess bisexual people can't have friends at all because they might have an urge to "date" them. *rolls eyes*

My good friend is a handsome guy, but we work better as friends. We don't want nearly the same things out of a relationship. I don't get why thats so impossible
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I think men and women can be friends!!