Most calories you've consumed in one sitting?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I used to gorge myself on whatever I could buy at Krogers once or twice a week. The meal would usually consist of a whole tray of Oreos, a frozen bacon burger, the medium sized bag of Cheetos if they had them because the full family sized bag was too expensive, a pint of cookie dough ice cream, and a honey bun or moon cakes. If they were in stock, I'd add a frosting cookie sandwich, or replace the Cheetos with some donut holes. I also remember changing out the burger for a pizza once.

According to MFP, the first scenario was around 5,150 calories, though, I'm not sure if I added the Cheetos correctly.

Aside from that, my usual order from Mcdonalds was a 10 piece nugget meal with large fries, a large coke, a double cheese burger, honey mustard, and a hot fudge sundae. That's around 2,140 calories. This doesn't include the left over fries my sister didn't finish. I stopped feeling full for a while and could out eat everyone. Hell, I'm sure I still could.

I can't really think of anything else that's as easy to calculate. On days like Thanksgiving, I usually log everything in the same section to make it easier.
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options

CooCooPuff wrote: »
    This doesn't include the left over fries my sister didn't finish.

Leftover are evil!
    I never did teach my kids to finish their plates because I truly believe it all goes wrong from there on!!! I used to finish my kid's dinners all the time. Heck my son is 19 and still walk over and says to me "You want the rest?" Cos he knows I'm a plate cleaner. That's been a work in progress trying to beat this habit!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    3.5 lb steak, two pitchers of beer, HUGE slice of double chocolate death cake, pint of ice cream, 10 oz of Oj, 10 oz root beer, chocolate ice cream bar... Just dinner. Lunch was something else. I had WELL over 8000 cals that day. I am proud and ashamed at the same time. I ended up having a true 3 lb gain from just that day.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Probably a million, give or take, at sushi AYCE.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    The CBC did an article years ago on restaurant meals and it's amazing how much a typical casual dining meal really has. You can easily have over 2500 calories on a dinner and Boston Pizza Pad Tai was something like 2800 calories on it's own, so add in half an appetizer, half a desert and a couple drinks and you are pushing 4000. By estimation I've eaten over 4000 a few times at some Chinese buffets. Not hard with all the fried food, rich sauces, and even richer deserts.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    Haven't you ever been a starving college kid? Do you drink? To excess?

10 taco bell beefy 5 layer burritos (10*500)
    1 big gulp lemonade slurpee mixed with 10 shots 151 (210+1220)
    1 pizza worth of dollar slices (8*300)

That's 8,830 without including beer which would make it easy.

I'm guessing your roommate left for the night lol.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Unless you all are loading up on sauces, sushi is a fairly low calorie density food. I can't imagine I've ever eaten more than 3k of sushi at a time...and I've eaten it to physical limitations.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Unless you all are loading up on sauces, sushi is a fairly low calorie density food. I can't imagine I've ever eaten more than 3k of sushi at a time...and I've eaten it to physical limitations.

I have to agree if you are sticking to sushu or rolls but if you go for the tampora or or other fried foods I can see it.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    5000+

My stomach is a never ending pit. Anyone else take 6-8 trips at a buffet and stack the plate and finish it...lol
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In one sitting? An entire "large" 14" Papa J's pepperoni/bacon/mushroom/pineapple/onion pizza, 6-pack of LaBatt's Blue, a 12-count box of Hostess Ding-Dongs, and a pint of B&J vanilla ice cream.

So:

Pizza: 2,800
    Beer: 810
    Ding Dongs: 2,160
    Ice cream: 1,000

= 6,770 calories

That was just dinner. And at the time I was a mere 186 lbs.

Some of my low carb meals during my second spin on that woe were pretty epic, too, before I finally acknowledged I was on the verge of developing a bonafide binge eating disorder and stopped low carb/any form of dieting cold turkey forever. Pounds of meat, pounds of vegetables, avocados like there was a tree outside my kitchen window, flats of blueberries, pints of cream...that sort of thing.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    all you can eat at pizza hut + all you can eat ice cream + beer and wine.
    Thousands and thousands of calories.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    About 5K-6K calories from Gibsons... probably the largest single sitting meal in recent memory.

26 oz. Prime Porterhouse
    Double Loaded Baked Potato (about the size of two large potatoes)
    Sauteed Mushrooms
    Triple Layer Carrot Cake
    5-6 pieces of Raisin Bread w/ Butter
    2-3 pieces of French Bread w/ Butter

I've also done large pizza's with Ice Cream and some other stuff when I was more fat.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Define "one sitting"...
  • BlueLuigi
    BlueLuigi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously afraid to figure that out!
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pizza buffet with as much ice cream as I wanted... 14 pizza slices and 1,5 litres of soft ice with chocolate sauce... I was 12 and probably had a gate to next dimension instead of stomach :D
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    About 5K-6K calories from Gibsons... probably the largest single sitting meal in recent memory.

26 oz. Prime Porterhouse
    Double Loaded Baked Potato (about the size of two large potatoes)
    Sauteed Mushrooms
    Triple Layer Carrot Cake
    5-6 pieces of Raisin Bread w/ Butter
    2-3 pieces of French Bread w/ Butter

I've also done large pizza's with Ice Cream and some other stuff when I was more fat.

You had me at Porterhouse! :D
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Okay, now this is one contest I know for sure I would win. :) Nom nom nom....
  • Carignan16
    Carignan16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh man. When i was for some reason restiecting calories to aroubd 2200 a day which is low for me i got down to around 5%body fat and had major cravings. Anyway, had a few binges of 8000 or so in one sitting (or an hour) legit.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Carignan16 wrote: »
    Oh man. When i was for some reason restiecting calories to aroubd 2200 a day which is low for me i got down to around 5%body fat and had major cravings. Anyway, had a few binges of 8000 or so in one sitting (or an hour) legit.

Why would you go to 5% and what where you using to estimate that? Where you competing in a show?
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Had entire takeaway container of sesame noodles 4 servings
    Probably around 4000 cals