Sticking to it but GAINING!

Options
Ok, for the last 3 weeks, I have been sticking to the numbers, going to the gym every day, eating off the calories, I've taken things to help my digestive system stay on track, I'm drinking my water and yet, I have GAINED weight! I eat a low salt diet and I just keep getting bigger. Does anyone have any ideas on ways in which I can kickstart things? I'm doing a sponsored slim for a local canine charity and I NEED to lose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    you should start with opening your diary.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

yup.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ok, for the last 3 weeks, I have been sticking to the numbers, going to the gym every day, eating off the calories, I've taken things to help my digestive system stay on track, I'm drinking my water and yet, I have GAINED weight! I eat a low salt diet and I just keep getting bigger. Does anyone have any ideas on ways in which I can kickstart things? I'm doing a sponsored slim for a local canine charity and I NEED to lose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you spoken with your GP, they give weight loss advice readily. Also, I don't know what you mean when you say 'eating off your calories', what are you saying?
  • xsophieanne
    xsophieanne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you sure you're not gaining muscle? i don't know about normal women but i gain muscle really easily, even just walking up my street (granted it takes 10 minutes to walk up and its a very very steep hill) every day made me gain muscle pmsl
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Are you religiously recording EVERYTHING!? Do you have a digital food scale?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you sure you're not gaining muscle? i don't know about normal women but i gain muscle really easily, even just walking up my street (granted it takes 10 minutes to walk up and its a very very steep hill) every day made me gain muscle pmsl

your post also made me pmsl.

btw, pmsl is quite possibly the worst of the internet jargon acronyms.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I read in your profile that you have taken HCG in the past. From what I have read on here from people who have also taken it, it does a number on you metabolism. Check the board topics on here for HCG. That might be where your problem lies.
  • Natelywills
    Options

yup.

My diary should be open. I changed it this afternoon.
  • Natelywills
    Options

Have you spoken with your GP, they give weight loss advice readily. Also, I don't know what you mean when you say 'eating off your calories', what are you saying?

Sorry. I mean, I have been eating up to my calorie number each day. I'm not eating less than my calorie number and I am working out and eating anything I burn off, too.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Its still not open...
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Nope, not open.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options

yup.

My diary should be open. I changed it this afternoon.

Just tried, not open.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Are you religiously recording EVERYTHING!? Do you have a digital food scale?

Just saw that you did HCG in the past...you should see your doctor to make sure that didn't do damage to your thyroid. My FIL's girlfriend did the shots and destroyed her thyroid. Then continued to gain weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

LOL...

Happy Friday Capt.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is suggested a lot on this site to questions like this, so you have probably seen it before if you spend much time in the forums, but how are you calculating your exercise calories? Most machines over-estimate, because they don't have your stats(like 2 people of different sizes and ages could do that exercise and burn differently, but the machine does't account for this).

If you're eating back more calories than you're burning, it could mess with things.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options

LOL...

Happy Friday Capt.

What does that (pmsl) even mean? Sorry, not used to all the acronyms yet :blushing:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Aye. I've had to look it up several times because I keep forgetting what it means.

And I'd love to learn more about building measurable amounts of muscle from 10 minutes walks.
  • Natelywills
    Options
    This is suggested a lot on this site to questions like this, so you have probably seen it before if you spend much time in the forums, but how are you calculating your exercise calories? Most machines over-estimate, because they don't have your stats(like 2 people of different sizes and ages could do that exercise and burn differently, but the machine does't account for this).

If you're eating back more calories than you're burning, it could skew things.

I'm using MFP to calculate my calories burned. I've heard the machines can offer skewed numbers.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

LOL...

Happy Friday Capt.

What does that (pmsl) even mean? Sorry, not used to all the acronyms yet :blushing:

Pissing myself laughing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I don't think gaining muscle means what you think it means