Zero calorie, fat, carb, and sugar foods!

Options
13»

Replies

• SavannahNoelle97
    SavannahNoelle97 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    @arditarose would protein fluff meet these requirements (I've never actually made it before).

I don't know what that is to be honest.

You mix protein powder, xanthum gum, liquid of your choice, zero calorie sweetener of your choice and literally whatever powdered product you like (I use cocoa powder and cinnamon), to make this ginormous bowl of "fluff" for very little calories. Fat does not work well with it as it causes it not to fluff.

That sound awesome! I'll ask my doctors if I could do that.
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've tried these, and they taste alright, a little watery, and typically I find when they remove ALL the other stuff, they add sodium :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I go through a bottle of the chocolate sauce per week. The caramel is good and the pancake syrup is actually very good. I've heard horrible things about the peanut butter.

That's unfortunate haha. I was really hoping the peanut butter would be good. But I'll definitely be happy to try the caramel now! And the pancake syrup! Thanks!

Just use powdered peanut butter if you're looking to cut PB calories.

I'm on a really strict sugar free, carb free, low fat diet. So I haven't found any kind of PB I could have. Thanks though!

Low fat and low carb? Medical reasons?

It is prescribed by a doctor. It's mostly just to lose a lot of weight very quickly for a short period of time.

Your doctor put you on a sugar free and carb free diet? As in zero?

I'd be seeking a new doctor, pronto.

I'm allowed to have foods with less than three grams of carbs per ounce. And two servings of vegetables a day. 5 grams or carbs each. Virtually sugar free. I'm on supplements to make sure my body is getting the nutrients it needs.

Cool. Dilute a 12-oz can of Pepsi with one oz of diet soda or water, and you're there. (150 calories [in 12 oz. regular Pepsi], divided by 4 [because 4 calories per gram of carbs] = 37.5 grams of carbs total; 37.5 divided by 13 oz [12 oz. Pepsi plus one oz. diet soda or water] = 2.8 grams of carb per oz.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    Nobody asked her how long she plans to be on this diet. PSMF is fine for a short period of time. Read Lyle McDonald, who is a world class nutritionist.
    Don't listen to these MFPers, who most likely have little credentials themselves, questioning a team of professionals who are both credentialed and have extensive experience treating others. smh
    That being said, if it does become difficult to stick to, you should discuss it with your treatment team. They may need to wean you off earlier than expected.
    Good luck, OP!

Thank you very much! That's what I'm trying to explain but everyone just thinks it's a horrible thing for me to do. I only plan to do it for about three months. And lose as much as possible. And then slowly add back in a healthy amount of carbs, sugars, and fat. And at that point, begin calorie counting to lose the rest of what I want to lose. I'm not planning on losing 160 lbs fast. I'm planning on losing 70 lbs fast. And then feeling so much better at that weight that I am motivated to continue losing weight on my own.

This still does not sound like a physically or psychologically healthy approach. It is a VLCD, you are striving for rapid weight loss, and you have said that you struggle with mental disorders regarding your weight and weight loss. What happens if you don't achieve the loss you're looking for? Will you continue with the extreme approach? You won't be motivated if you haven't lost the 70 lbs? Then what?

I don't know what else to say except I wish you luck and I strongly urge you to seek a second opinion.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Also, have you discussed the plan with your psychiatrist? And I mean a psychiatrist, not psychologist, not therapist, not GP.

My psychiatrist is the one who recommended me to this group of people for this.

I am assuming that you trust your psychiatrist and medical team, and that they will be supervising both your physical and mental health during this process. If not, then definitely seek a second opinion.
    If yes, go back to your dr or dietitian and ask for more specific instructions. Like sample menus that will work for you. Since this is an unusual weight loss approach and it should be medically supervised, do not experiment. Any advice you get here or elsewhere might do more harm than good. If your dr cannot help and cannot answer your questions, then you need a new dr.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    @SavannahNoelle97

You might find more input and/or alternative ideas in some of the low carb or keto groups. They find all kinds of creative ways to reduce carbs, and some of them sound really tasty too. I'm not much for suggestions on low carb myself, and your restrictions on it make it tough.

If you can eat fats without concern, there are actually quite a few salad dressings and such on the regular shelves that are very low carb. Many good salad dressings are high fat and low carb.

And good job not letting the internet opinions influence the choices you and your team of professionals have made. These types of diets aren't nearly as unusual as many people think.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm confused why a medical team would say that you have to have zero carbs and zero sugar and low fat to lose weight fast. Surely they would just say you need x amount of calories.
    What was the reason for cutting out and lowering these?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    Nobody asked her how long she plans to be on this diet. PSMF is fine for a short period of time. Read Lyle McDonald, who is a world class nutritionist.
    Don't listen to these MFPers, who most likely have little credentials themselves, questioning a team of professionals who are both credentialed and have extensive experience treating others. smh
    That being said, if it does become difficult to stick to, you should discuss it with your treatment team. They may need to wean you off earlier than expected.
    Good luck, OP!

Thank you very much! That's what I'm trying to explain but everyone just thinks it's a horrible thing for me to do. I only plan to do it for about three months. And lose as much as possible. And then slowly add back in a healthy amount of carbs, sugars, and fat. And at that point, begin calorie counting to lose the rest of what I want to lose. I'm not planning on losing 160 lbs fast. I'm planning on losing 70 lbs fast. And then feeling so much better at that weight that I am motivated to continue losing weight on my own.

Which is something you should have mentioned early. Even three months of PSMF is well in the upper limits of the recommendation. Do read Lyle. And aside from jacklights (who hasn't mentioned his credentials), Lyle has some serious reserves about the use of his diet for large weight loss. 70 lbs is large.

Make sure your team is doing the necessary blood work to avoid problems. Assure you get your fats. Assure that you are well aware of the risks involved in this type of rapid weight loss, especially on the ED side.

By the way, Lyle PSMF is not a zero carb, zero sugar. It is a very low carb, low fat, high protein plan. It has breaks. Use them.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "Zero calorie, fat, carb, and sugar foods" is not food (food has calories, and calories come from fat, carbs and protein, and we need all of them every day). It is scary to read that medical professionals have endorsed a diet like this and the rules sound really stupid (yes, you can cheat and still follow the rules). This goes against MFPs guidelines and this thread will possibly be closed. When you're already here, why no just follow the nutrition/calorie goals MFP gave you at setup, and lose weight and be healthy?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    "Zero calorie, fat, carb, and sugar foods" is not food

+1
  • SavannahNoelle97
    SavannahNoelle97 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    @SavannahNoelle97

You might find more input and/or alternative ideas in some of the low carb or keto groups. They find all kinds of creative ways to reduce carbs, and some of them sound really tasty too. I'm not much for suggestions on low carb myself, and your restrictions on it make it tough.

If you can eat fats without concern, there are actually quite a few salad dressings and such on the regular shelves that are very low carb. Many good salad dressings are high fat and low carb.

And good job not letting the internet opinions influence the choices you and your team of professionals have made. These types of diets aren't nearly as unusual as many people think.
    robertw486 wrote: »
    @SavannahNoelle97

Thank you very much!