Potential protein needs and calculating

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Layne Norton on the subject.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmV8BlsJTQ

Hope he's got more on it, because that didn't touch on quantity except for max available for anabolic response, but without a time period given, not really useful info.

He's always got good info, I just wish he'd have an outline of points he definitely wants to hit on to make sure he covers everything. All too often he'll leave just enough missing. He'll get better, just needs that outline.

But this long discussion was there too. Aragon and Helms.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=SFObr7rc1kA
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I do 45/35/20 carb/protein/fat.

Would greatly appreciate advice on if I'm doing it right or wrong. Only reason I'm doing it this way is because I read that it's the "macrobolic ratio" or something or another. Plus, maybe it's just me being overly optimistic, but I feel like I look so much leaner and flatter like I used to even though I'm at a higher weight. But I don't know what my BF% so there's no way of knowing the reason for it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I do 45/35/20 carb/protein/fat.

Would greatly appreciate advice on if I'm doing it right or wrong. Only reason I'm doing it this way is because I read that it's the "macrobolic ratio" or something or another. Plus, maybe it's just me being overly optimistic, but I feel like I look so much leaner and flatter like I used to even though I'm at a higher weight. But I don't know what my BF% so there's no way of knowing the reason for it.

Please reread the original post. Because you haven't provided enough info for anyone to give anything useful.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I have my macros set at 50/30/20 [carbs, protein, fats], and it keeps me really happy, and when I eat correctly, quite energized. Thanks for the post! I eat way too much protein sometimes. The .82 is interesting. I'll keep it in mind.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    bump
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have an average intake of 1500, though I've upped it to 1600 now. My BMR is 1407 currently and I estimate a daily caloric need of 1750, conservatively.