Eating times

Options
Does the time you eat make a difference? I work second shift and sometimes when I get home at 1A I am really hungry. There is a lot of information out there that says that late night eating is not good for weight loss so I am not sure what or even if I should eat something when I get home.

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Nah, food can't tell time.

Just try not to slleep eat. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Body just responds to stimuli. You eat, it digests. Time you do it doesn't matter.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are not interfering with your sleep by going to bed with an over full stomach
  • Claps1775
    Claps1775 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    rfechter wrote: »
    Does the time you eat make a difference? I work second shift and sometimes when I get home at 1A I am really hungry. There is a lot of information out there that says that late night eating is not good for weight loss so I am not sure what or even if I should eat something when I get home.

I work 2nd shift as well and also have a part-time job for now. Eating regularly has been a challenge. I just eat when I am hungry and do not worry about weight of your burning it off. Sometimes I wake up and eat a pbnj with milk then go back to bed.
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks. the information helps.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It's better to eat 3 or more meals a day of roughly equal sizes than it is to nibble all day and then have a giant evening meal, but the time of day doesn't matter.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Hadabetter wrote: »
    It's better to eat 3 or more meals a day of roughly equal sizes than it is to nibble all day and then have a giant evening meal, but the time of day doesn't matter.

Better for you maybe. Not better for everyone who prefers eating a giant evening meal. :)