My husband thinks I'm crazy that I can't see a difference

Options
Well I was brave enough to take a picture after going from 282 to 250 so I'm using that picture as my before picture. Took another progress picture today and I can't see a difference even though I'm 231 now. My husband says he can see a difference but I think he's just trying to make me feel better and help me gain some confidence. Can you guys see a difference?

be02bdd2-2bdb-4bbd-bf9f-97a5c7c9bc73_zps467b61f9.jpg

Replies

• Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Can't seem to figure out how to post the pic
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good someone else helped you out, sorry I was trying.

You look great keep it up!! :)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    ChristinasSidebySide_zps42122e53.png.htmlChristinasSidebySide_zps42122e53.png
  • sheshappynow
    sheshappynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you need to do lower case img
  • rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    I cant see the picture but its funny because my husband and I had the same conversation last night. I havent lost nearly that much (congrats!) but he was saying how great I was already looking and I just dont see where he can tell. But others have said it to me too so I dont know? Maybe we are just harder on ourselves so its harder to see?

ETA: Now I see the pictures and I can see it :) Great job!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You need to resize your images on photobucket then put up the new links and we can put them up for you.
  • sheshappynow
    sheshappynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    and yes biggggggggggggg difference I can see it
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So glad they helped you fix your pics and YES!!! You can absolutely see the difference!! Great job you, keep up the hard work!
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    I'm so bad at this computer crap lol...trying to figure it out
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Look at how the bra just sits better on you. You've clearly lost some back fat, a bit off the stomach, and some in your chest.

Keep up with the good work and good decisions, and the changes will become more noticeable with time :smile:.

Good job, love! :flowerforyou:.

Edited to add: If you go to photobucket, click "edit" then "resize" and make the image 550 pixels wide. When you save it, click the option where you save it in place of the original file.

Then, when you're editing your post here, use {img}direct link{/img} (with square brackets instead of curly), and everything should show up as intended :smile:. Make sure you use the direct link, not the message board link.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    Oh ok..you can see it lol...I thought maybe I only looked smaller because the picture is taken from farther away than the first one. Hoping some day I'll be able to see the difference clearly and not be so critical of myself.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference - well done on taking the step and starting this :flowerforyou: keep taking the photos as you lose weight - it is a great boost to your motivation to see it.

Just look at it the photo as if it wasn't you - look for differences and you will see them. It has taken a long time for your weight to build and your brain sees you as fat - now, you are losing weight and trimming down, but your brain hasn't caught up with that new fact. Prepare for an amazing feeling when you DO start to see it in your own head - and as your clothes get looser, your rings fit better, you find your shoes fit better, you can bend down better, not get stuck in chairs - you discover you have collar bones - and then one day you will catch a glimpse of yourself in a shop window and wonder who that trim person is - and it will be you! :smile: That is what happened to me anyway :laugh:

Keep up the great work, you are doing well
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    figured it out thanks for you help :)
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Way to go on losing so far! I see major differences between the two pictures! Keep it up!!! (the losing I mean) :)
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    YES, I can definitely see a difference. I think maybe some of it is that you appear (at least for now) to lose your weight proportionally. Since the weight seems to be coming off evenly over everywhere, it is harder to see since your proportions aren't changing, if you see what I mean.

To help you might want to use a tape measure and measure and track lots of places including wrists and ankles.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    That does make sense...I really wish I could lose my tummy first lol but I know it's the way my body is adapting...I guess it's a good thing that I'll lose it all proportionally though. The last time I measured was a few weeks ago and there were no significant changes and I felt discouraged. I'll try measuring again in a couple weeks :) Thanks everyone for your kind words...was a little scared to post the picture not knowing what people might post :(
  • kwennerholm
    kwennerholm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I can totally see a difference! Just a tip though, start taking measurements. I measure around my thigh, tummy, boobs, and hips every other week. That might help you if you can say "WOW! I lost 3 inches from my belly" Keep it up girl!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Your lower abdomen definitely looks flatter!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yes I can see a big difference - smaller tummy, narrower waist and hips. It's working, you're doing it!
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    I see the most difference in your back. You are a lot narrower. Congrats on your loss! & hey, when you're in doubt that your body is changing just sit back & realize that there are just about 20 lbs in difference from these 2 photos.. it's got to be coming off of somewhere, right? :smile: