My husband thinks I'm crazy that I can't see a difference

Options

Replies

• himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    To me, your arms look toner and your tummy looks smaller.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, but I think that what your husband sees IRL is probably more dramatic. You are still you...with the same overall shape, and that makes it harder (for you) to see the difference. In addition to looking different, I suspect you FEEL different to him.

I started at 250. Going to 230, I didn't notice much of a difference, and my clothing size didn't change (though they weren't as tight). I think the biggest differences came when I got below 210. Now (when naked) I can tell even 5 or 6 pounds.

Hang in there! You've made a HUGE change already, and you've got more to come.
  • llebsiry
    llebsiry Posts: 32
    Options
    final_439403383723__zpsed97bf90.jpg
  • llebsiry
    Options
  • llebsiry
    Options
  • llebsiry
    Options
    :laugh:
  • llebsiry
    Options
    :laugh:
  • ourlilzoo
    ourlilzoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was your smaller arms. ;) Great job!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes!!! Definitely a difference! Great job!!! Keep up the wonderful work! :flowerforyou:
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i personally think you've lost a lot on your face and neck !
  • llebsiry
    Options
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I would suggest also measuring yourself.

Do you clothes feel a bit looser?

There are many ways to see change; one is to change your view of you. Accept your husband's encouragement (some don't have that in their life) and know that you are on a journey that is going to take awhile ... a life time of change.

And yes there is a change from one picture to the next. You've lost 51 pounds, that is huge! The back picture comparison is where I see the difference shows the most.

Keep working and you'll see it too!
  • llebsiry
    Options
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people post progress pics and it's akward because it's not clearly visible.
    This is not one of those times. You are clearly smaller and less round.
  • llebsiry
    Options
    por dios como cargo la foto ya fui a photobucket y copio el link y nadaaaaa que hago
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Most certainly a difference!!! Keep on keeping on, babe!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oh ok..you can see it lol...I thought maybe I only looked smaller because the picture is taken from farther away than the first one. Hoping some day I'll be able to see the difference clearly and not be so critical of myself.

That would make no difference at all! You just look at your waist and hips - clearly and obviously narrower!

Also your bum is shrinking and pulling in - that S shape is straightening out!

You MUST be noticing a difference in your clothes! Stuff MUST be hanging easier than it used to! Waistbands sitting lower, buttons not straining, that kind of thing. I noticed my jeans first, I could grip fabric on the side seams whereas before they would be stretched tight. Then it was zips going up easier. I thought it was the jeans getting old and fabric getting slack, but it was me getting smaller.

Do you measure yourself? You must have lost a few inches already, certainly off your hips.

You've spent your life accumulating that weight, and feeling negative. It's a lot to expect that you'll suddenly change how you feel about yourself, but take heart, you are doing it! As well as shedding lbs and inches, you need to gently learn to love yourself and enjoy your body! :flowerforyou:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Type not[IMG][/img]