I'm getting married in 9 months & no motivation!!

Options
2»

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling overwhelmed because you are planning a wedding...and you need to lose weight? Weddings are stressful. I can understand that thinking about one more thing might be hard for you. Keep walking! It's great exercise and any movement is good. Try adding some body weight resistance exercising from home if you feel uncomfortable going to a gym. FitnessBlender is a great way to start. It's free and you can choose beginner to advanced workouts. You can choose the intensity. You can choose how long the workout is from 5 minutes to 90 minutes. At first, it will be hard but eventually, it will be a stress reducer and you might even look forward to it. You can do this!
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I think 2900 is pretty excessive. My limit was 2000/day when I was 228 and still there at 210 lbs. I'd recommend 1800/day and see how that does for you. Obviously having more weight will increase the number of calories you can consume but 1500-1800/day for women tends to be average...some even go less.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting married! It's such an exciting time! I'm getting married next year, and am definitely setting goals to lose some weight before my wedding. But I will say this. I think it's important to not let yourself get overly stressed. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, and add to it the overwhelming stress of being unhappy with the way we look, and wanting/needing to lose weight in a set amount of time (which, let's be honest, we've probably tried to lose over the course of our entire life!). A person could go absolutely mad! Try not to overthink it.

That being said, 9 months is plenty of time to lose a good bit of weight. You may not be able to lose 100 lbs in that time span, but you can certainly get close! I think the first step is to come up with a short term goal - maybe 5 pounds by the end of February - that's less than pound a week, and totally doable! If you're not already, concentrate on logging all your food, and take a hard look at what you are putting into your body. Start with little changes, like lessening or eliminating soda or sweets. You'd be amazed at what that little change can do! And just continue to make small changes as you go!

I'm no expert, and I won't even try to pretend to be. But if you'd like a little extra support, and another cheerleader, feel free to friend me!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I think 2900 is pretty excessive. My limit was 2000/day when I was 228 and still there at 210 lbs. I'd recommend 1800/day and see how that does for you. Obviously having more weight will increase the number of calories you can consume but 1500-1800/day for women tends to be average...some even go less.

She stated that she is about 290 pounds right now.

I might recommend a TDEE calculator like the Scooby one. It is pretty accurate. You can always override the calories MFP is giving you with the ones that are given to you by Scooby. Yours will probably be somewhere around 2000 - 2100.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    shiv020910 wrote: »
    I've taken up walking and have done quite a lot of walking the last few days and am eating well under my calorie limit.. But I feel like I need to be doing more!!

Don't feel pressured to do more than what you described right away...it's hard to be motivated when you're feeling overwhelmed. Exercise is great, but it's controlling your diet that will yield results.
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

She stated that she is about 290 pounds right now.

I might recommend a TDEE calculator like the Scooby one. It is pretty accurate. You can always override the calories MFP is giving you with the ones that are given to you by Scooby. Yours will probably be somewhere around 2000 - 2100.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I meant she could probably get by with eating 1500-1800, not that her caloric needs were only 1500-1800.