FitBit Replacement

Options
xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys!

Recently, a big air bubble has appeared on the band of my Charge HR. It is steadily growing, and is now reaching the actual display.

I've contact FitBit. Before they will send me a replacement, they want to see the FitBit itself. Seems that they can't ensure a replacement until they've seen mine. They estimate the process will take a few weeks, not including the actual shipping times.

I was curious to hear back from anyone who has dealt with FitBit before. Are they generally pretty good about actually sending in the replacement? Has anyone sent one in just to be denied a replacement? I'd hate to be without my FitBit for a month, only to be told its a no-go.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I had one replaced but didnt have to send mine in.had no issues with them
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Really that is weird. I called them twice last week about replacements. Mine has the bubble and the side rubber is separating from the plastic, I called and I already received a replacement. The next day my husbands fell apart, I called again and they sent out a second one and it should be here on Friday. Both are under the year warranty. I have not had any problems with their customer service.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I only had mine a few days when it was obvious there was something wrong with it. I called them two days in a row and they sent a replacement right away and told me to just recycle the other one. Already have the new one up and running.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just had my Fitbit Flex replaced. They didn't have me send mine in. They just sent me a new one. They were very easy to deal with and I got the replacement in about 5 days.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I had my Surge replaced without any issues. Was amazed with their customer service, as I only asked if I could buy another wristband
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My Charge HR's battery died while installing firmware update. One phone call and a replacement was on the way. It took about 4 days to receive the new unit.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I second all these comments on amazing service. Ask if a photo would be enough to initate the replacement? Or get a new rep. i lost my fitbit - read: LOST. And admitted to it - and they gave me 25% off any fitbit.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the agent who helped me was confused then, or if I did something to make them suspicious of me. Who knows. Maybe I'll skip the live chat and go straight to a call!

Thanks!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I emailed them with a similar problem with my Charge HR this week, and after I provided photos, receipt, and personal details, they said yesterday they are mailing me a new one.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If you have any issues with Fitbit, their customer service is really efficient and they'll send you a replacement. I've had 3 replaced!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They will replace it pronto. Fitbit is great about replacing the hardware.

I got 2 replacements no questions asked, they just wanted you to write up what happened and send them a pic.

edited to add: it will not take a month, I usually had mine within 7 days..
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with Fitbit twice. The first time was for a damaged Ultra years ago, and they wanted me to send them a picture of it with the receipt. They did NOT replace it. They sent me a 50% off coupon for the One instead. The second time was last year, and I lost my Fitbit completely. They actually at first said that I would have to have a picture of it, and exasperated, I told them I couldn't very well take a picture of something that was missing...then they told me that they no longer cover lost units. UGH. I was supposed to get a coupon for a new one which never came, so I had to contact them again.

Their customer service seems to have bad days on the exact days that I need help. If something happens to this unit, I'll just say screw it and buy a cheap-o pedometer until the next major gift-giving holiday when I can ask everyone to help me out.
  • kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I emailed them last Saturday about my Charge band coming apart. They asked for photos and by Wednesday they sent an email saying they had shipped the new one and I should be getting it on Monday. They told me to recycle the old fitbit once I get the new one.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 Charge HR's replaced. Both times I just emailed and sent them a picture of the bar code on the original box. They emailed and asked for my address and shipped right out. They said I can just E-Waste the defective devices.

It was a really easy process both times, but I think I'm going to sell my newest replacement and go with something else. Both of mine went bad within a couple months.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I had to send my flex back as soon as I got it, it would not charge due to it not connecting to the charger right out of the box. I sent it back and had a new one from them all in about a week and a half. Their customer service was great and the process didn't take long at all. Good luck!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My charge hr was replaced. In fact, I thought that they'd want to see it and asked them how I send it out to them. But the agent's reply was that it wasn't necessary and that they can see that my fitbit had technical issues. And within 5 working days my new one was delivered (plus it was over the xmas period).

I wonder whether a photo image of your fitbit would not have been sufficient proof for them??
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I had a Flex replaced no questions asked. They reviewed the diagnostics and determined there was an issue with the battery as it would not hold a charge for >24 hrs. My replacement holds charge for ~1 week.

Outstanding customer service from my experience.
  • dleivis87
    dleivis87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have had two Fitbits replaced. Customer service is fantastic and replaced both and I did not need to send them anything.
  • dleivis87
    dleivis87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Best customer service experience I have received from any company and I told them this.
  • mishxoxxo
    mishxoxxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The bubbling has happened to a few of my charge HR. They were all black. That said, does anyone know if this issue is persistent in other colors, particularly plum? All I'm seeing are photos of the black charge HR with bubbles - so wondering if there's something behind that