FitBit Replacement

Options
2»

Replies

• jan_pearce
    jan_pearce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Replying to old thread to answer @mishxoxxo. I also experienced great customer service from Fitbit for my issue which was with the Fitbit Charge HR band delaminating. @mishxoxxo it was one of the plum ones. I just got a replacement one yesterday,and have not been asked to send the old one back.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing but outstanding reports on FB customer service.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I've had mine replaced twice and never had to send back the damaged one
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've heard very good things about their service, to the point that I've actually emailed them to see if they will do anything about my lost Charge HR. On Thursday, the rubber ring which holds the loose end of the band broke, so the end of the band was not secured. Saturday, I lose the whole thing at a shopping centre, because it fell off due to the missing band-ring. I emailed them Saturday, and am waiting to see what they say before I go shopping for a new one.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Here to chime in with my positive experience. Fitbit has always been really patient and kind to me. They sent me a replacement for a new Charge HR before, even with the option for a new color! It arrived in about a week.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    They are generally excellent

Send them a photo and they will replace it free

NM .necro
  • HONEEBEE95
    HONEEBEE95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just received the replacement unit for my Fitbit HR. I didn't have to show photos, produce proof of purchase or anything else. Dealt with customer service via email. My only problem was was it took 9 days to receive my replacement?! The bubbles on my band didn't affect the performance of the unit but they were just ugly.
  • Melindhra
    Melindhra Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know two people with year-old Fitbit Charge and Charge HRs who have the bubbling wristband issue. It's possible that they want the unit to figure out what's going on.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    they must have replaced thousands of them so far
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I just emailed them when the wrist strap on my charge started cracking. Attached a photograph and after a few questions on when purchased etc (it was a gift so no receipt or idea where it was bought) they replaced it no problem. Excellent customer service, no complaints whatsoever and the replacement arrived really quickly.
  • splwil
    splwil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are now replacement bands available on eBay. I repaired mine myself and so far so good and it was quite easy. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182409259191?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  • ashlom2016
    ashlom2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    like most my four month old Fitbit Charge HR is bubbling I don't know what I should do? any help
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ashlom2016 wrote: »
    like most my four month old Fitbit Charge HR is bubbling I don't know what I should do? any help

Contact Fitbit Customer service. This happened to mine and they replaced it.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,846 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Deleted. Answered the wrong question.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I dealt with their resellers here in the Netherlands 4 times now. The blister you describe came up on 3 of our Fitbit charges HR (2 for my husband and one for me) and one of mine changed it stance on steps. All of a sudden de distance to work took half the steps it used to according to my fitbit. I had not changed jobs and my work had not relocated it went from 7K steps to barely 4K steps Not good.
    Let's just say we bought two and both had to be replaced within a year. The replacements gave up on the first band with a blister just over a year after having been replaced.

The fitbit just got replaced with a Garmin Vivosmart. Just don't want anything to do with the substandard wristbands that fitbit seems to have