Anyone using High Fat, Low Carb, Ketogenic Diet, LCHF - share yourexperience

Options
d090882
d090882 Posts: 148 Member
Anyone using High Fat, Low Carb, Ketogenic Diet, LCHF - share yourexperience please.
As for me, I lost 13 kg on this diet. I am in my second keto cycle. I got keto sympotoms and tested positive for ketosis for 2 days in a row, yeyyy :smile: Let me know how you guys are doing keto.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few doing a ketogenic diet in the Low Carber Daily group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group you're welcome to join.

I have been following a ketogenic diet for about 7 months now, and still enjoying it. I have lost 40 lbs to get within 5-10 lbs of my goal weight with relative ease while eating a modest caloric deficit. I have never carb cycled in and out of ketosis though. I just try to stay here. ;)

If you are getting "keto symptoms" it probably means your electrolytes are out of balance. Consider increasing your daily sodium to 3000-5000mg per day. I know it sounds like a lot but the water weight lost on a lw carb diet can lower you salt levels causing fatigue, headaches, a chinless and ill feelings. More salt really helps.

Increasing potassium and magnesium are often helpful to low carbers too. Good luck!
  • d090882
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    There are quite a few doing a ketogenic diet in the Low Carber Daily group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group you're welcome to join.

I have been following a ketogenic diet for about 7 months now, and still enjoying it. I have lost 40 lbs to get within 5-10 lbs of my goal weight with relative ease while eating a modest caloric deficit. I have never carb cycled in and out of ketosis though. I just try to stay here. ;)

If you are getting "keto symptoms" it probably means your electrolytes are out of balance. Consider increasing your daily sodium to 3000-5000mg per day. I know it sounds like a lot but the water weight lost on a lw carb diet can lower you salt levels causing fatigue, headaches, a chinless and ill feelings. More salt really helps.

Increasing potassium and magnesium are often helpful to low carbers too. Good luck!

Thank you nvmomketo. Your post was very helpful, I will join the other low carb group. Mfp is not as easy platform as facebook, hard to track notifications. I wish I could give suggestions to mfp owner about how lame current mfp layout is. It's horrible when compared to instagram or facebook !!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »
    Mfp is not as easy platform as facebook, hard to track notifications.

Agreed but one thing to make it easier is to click the star at the top right on a thread you want to follow or continue to get notifications on. You can track them easier and you un-star at any time.
  • d090882
    Options
    I'm trying but it's so new for me. Whoever owns MFP - please hire good software engineers !!!! This place looks worse than my university's website.
    d090882 wrote: »
    Mfp is not as easy platform as facebook, hard to track notifications.

Agreed but one thing to make it easier is to click the star at the top right on a thread you want to follow or continue to get notifications on. You can track them easier and you un-star at any time.

• d090882
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dear MFP CEO Mr Mike Lee , Learn from Nokia experience. I want to see you guys do well