What's your favorite way to eat canned tuna?

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I work with a lot of diverse ladies. My favorite has been with a can of mixed veggies and mayonnaise on a tostada, and Valentina hot sauce on top. Sounds gross, but it is pretty deliciosa.

My husband loves putting valentina in all of his marinades/sauces. It cracks me up. I love hot sauce, but that one isn't one of my favorites - picamas for the win!
  • ferliccad
    ferliccad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of the Tuna like a Crab Cake. Tuna with a little cooked oatmeal then cooked in Olive oil like a crab cake. YUM
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Mixed with very light mayonnaise and sweet corn on a jacket potato or mixed with cold pasta. Also with melted cheese in a panini but that's not fitting in my cals
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

Mmm thank you for sharing
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I work with a lot of diverse ladies. My favorite has been with a can of mixed veggies and mayonnaise on a tostada, and Valentina hot sauce on top. Sounds gross, but it is pretty deliciosa.

My husband loves putting valentina in all of his marinades/sauces. It cracks me up. I love hot sauce, but that one isn't one of my favorites - picamas for the win!

Valentina is my favorite. I first bought it because it was so cheap for a huge bottle and money was tight, now I have to have it lol.

Did anyone say tuna casserole yet? My mom always mixed a couple cans of tuna not drained, package of cooked egg noodles, can of cream of mushroom soup ( :s I make my own now), ground pepper, mix all that then throw in a casserole dish and top with either seasoned bread crumbs or crumbled potato chips. Calorie heavy but made right it can be tasty. Oops it would help if I mentioned you then need to bake it for 20 to 30 minutes at 350f
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i eat tuna on:
    • low salt crackers
    • sandwich bread
    • bagels with cheese
    • thin wraps
    • cooked and cooled noodles
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like it as omelette filling. Fry some peppers and onions, add tuna and capers. Make omelette, top half with filling and foldxbz8drsuoply.jpeg
  • joanntehrani134
    joanntehrani134 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat white tuna drained real good. Put in a bowl, add minced garlic, pure. Olive oil just to moisten, add a dash of balsamic vinegar, sprinkle parsley, garlic and herb powder then sprinkle with some hot pepper (optional)..
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,145 Member
    Options
    Mac 'n cheese
    Canned tuna
    Canned tomatoes (bonus if flavored)
    Canned peas

All your food groups in every bite, very colorful, VERY easy to prep, cheap and reheats nicely.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I made up some Tuna salad today.. First of all I drain the tuna fish, then I rinsed the tuna with lots of water. Squeeze out as much water as possible, then I pat the tuna fish dry with lots of paper towels. I use a large can of tuna fish packed in water and I only use 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. I also add 2 tablespoon of Pepper Relish The tuna salad Is still dry, saving calories by not adding lots of calories with the Mayonnaise's. Lots of salt and pepper.
  • KirstyKimNg
    KirstyKimNg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Easy, use the tuna as a pizza base :) . Mix it with an egg and cottage cheese, spread on baking paper and top off with what ever you like on your Pizza.

• jessicaloves7
    jessicaloves7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Feed it to my cats.

Hahahaha... good one. :)
  • jessicaloves7
    Options
    I like a large amount of finely chopped Claassen pickles, even some of the juice, mustard, and some chopped apples. Keeps it pretty low cal and still delicious!
  • jessicaloves7
    Options
    OP, I know you said you don't like to eat it cold, but I discovered on accident that tuna mixed in with cottage cheese is yummy! It sounds kind of gross, but I love it. It's a protein bomb!

I will have to try this!!! Thanks!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My husband makes tuna melts that are a little different (to me anyway, as I grew up on tuna salad made with tuna, chopped boiled egg, lots of mayo and mustard)...the way he makes it is quite "dry" with just a TINY bit of mayo (less than 1 tsp to the entire can of tuna), Worchestershire sauce, and a lot of chopped onion. In a grill or Panini press with plain wheat bread & even the lightest sprinkling of mozzarella cheese, it forms this hot & yummy pocket sandwich that to me is seriously better than most restaurant sandwiches....yum!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I add tuna to my salad a few times a week.

Ditto. I can't imagine why this comment got flagged. Either someone is an a-hole, or they don't understand what "Flag" means.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Niçoise salad ...prefer to have tuna in oil
  • Sassystac76
    Sassystac76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, dash of mayo, dash of pesto, dash go mrs. Dash, red pepper flakes, good ole ground pepper, two spoons of cooked rice
    Mix all together
    . Enjoy with topping 2 Melba crackers and as a treat top 3 salt and vinegar chips after you eat Melba
    Have napkins and water ready. It is delicious!!!!!
    Very satifying lunch! If you feel is not enough, then eat celery on the side.
  • Bmckae
    Bmckae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know you said you don't like the tuna salads, but I eat mine with mayo, cilantro, lime juice, and Tabasco sauce. It's a nice kick, and I eat it with lettuce or on sandwiches. I haven't tried that warm. I imagine it could be good though.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it my favorite way, but look into Nom Nom Paleo's Spicy Tuna Cakes recipe- uses sweet potato and canned tuna, which sounds gross in theory but they're surprisingly savory. I drizzle them with mustard and eat as-is, or smashed into a FlatOut flatbread wrapped up like a burrito w/veggies.