What's your favorite way to eat canned tuna?

Options

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just mix in a little full fat raspberry vinigeret with mine maybe some cheese and enjoy I LOVE it!
  • Todbringer
    Todbringer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Teaspoon of olive oil and fresh ground pepper. Add some home made wholewheat bread with omega-enriched organic margarine with it, radishes and white tea and voila.
  • IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Typically i eat it straight - drained, rinsed, and drained again (to remove the taste of the can), and then with some sea salt and pepper cracked over it....with 2 oz of good cheese and quality bread (no bagged sandwich loaves for me!), or crackers or veggies for crunch.

alternatively, i'll make an open-faced melt in the oven. tuna, zucchini relish, and the tiniest bit of miracle whip to hold it together - semi-toast a slice of bread, lightly butter, then salt, pepper, garlic powder & parsley. top with tuna mix and sliced or shredded cheese of your preference. i use shredded asiago or sliced havarti. hubby prefers cheddar. bake at 350* for 10min

before the calorie counting, i'd also do tuna casserole, using boxed mac & cheese mix as a base, but i also boiled frozen shelled edamame with the noodles. prep as instructed, fold in canned tuna and shredded cheese. put into oven-safe casserole dish, add more cheese. cover and bake. i should probably calculate the calories in that sometime and see if i can make it friendlier without sacrificing taste. Lent is coming.

....cheese might be a weakness of mine....
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm disgusting and I just mix it with hot sauce and chopped dill pickles and eat it like that. Or if I'm getting fancy I'll throw that mixture on salad greens and add some tomatoes/bell peppers/etc.
  • jbsmith0407
    jbsmith0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I add tuna to my salad a few times a week.

Yes! Awesome in salad with cucumbers and a diced hard boiled egg.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I mix it with mayo and finely chopped onion, salt, pepper, parsley. On sandwiches. <3
  • blazincajun
    blazincajun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Straight out of can for lunch 4 to 5 times/week
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mayo, green onion, and pepper-jack cheese with lettuce, in a wrap.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like the bumblebee sensations. I usually have them plain for lunch. They started selling them in pouches now and not just a tiny can with crackers, I never ate the crackers anyway since they weren't worth the calories. They come in tomato basil, Thai chili and lemon pepper flavors.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I love it with pasta.. either sauteed with garlic and olive oil or in a tomato sauce. Yum
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I thinly slice half of a medium size onion, fry them in little oil until somewhat caramelized. I drain the water and add one can tuna to the pan with caramelized onion. Incorporate the two on medium low heat. Once mixed and hot I turn the heat off. Then I add one tablespoon of mayo. Then salt to taste and lots (like 1 teaspoon) of ground black pepper! I love black pepper
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Ever since I read the suggestion of tuna and cottage cheese, I've been trying to convince myself to try it. But it just sounded so gross. Finally got up the courage tonight and mixed a Starkist sweet and spicy packet with some cottage cheese. Oh my word! I still can't believe how delicious it was! I don't think I could do plain canned tuna with cottage cheese, but I'll definitely be doing it again with the flavored packets. Such a delicious, low-cal way to get a good amount of protein.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My daughter likes to eat tuna with a little lemon pepper on it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna is cat food... You couldn't pay me to eat it!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Quick and easy. Add some lite mayo and dip crackers (preferably wheat thins).
  • yesimluckyareyou
    yesimluckyareyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just made asian tuna patties- scallions, ginger, garlic, a tiny tiny bit of soy, maybe cilantro, chinese 5 spice. Mix it up (I didn't have eggs, or breadcrumbs, but I pan fried them) little crumbly, but delicious. I served it with greek yogurt mixed with Sriracha

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I like a large amount of finely chopped Claassen pickles, even some of the juice, mustard, and some chopped apples. Keeps it pretty low cal and still delicious!

That sounds good! I eat it with sweet pickle relish and a little mayo.
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do tuna sandwiches. I mix in one tablespoon of mayo. Put it all on 2 slices of whole wheat bread and add in some spinach.
  • benmode
    benmode Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like my corned tuna with cereal... just because.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    1Nana2many wrote: »
    My daughter likes to eat tuna with a little lemon pepper on it.

When I was a kid I hated mayo so I always mixed mine with the bottled lawry's lemon pepper marinade and some extra fresh cracked pepper.