Super annoyed - spouse habits

Options

Replies

• Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    My spouse is invisible. That's super annoying.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    All those little annoying things is what makes my wife special! Everytime I have to fix the tube of toothpaste when she squeezes it in the middle or when the car is a little low on gas when I climb in, I thank God that she is there to annoy me!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    It's awesome how you don't do anything that's remotely irksome and that all of your movements, sounds, habits, and speech patterns cause your husband nothing but bliss. Now you get to hold those awful attributes over his head with nary a care that anything you do might bother him in the slightest. Go you!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    All those little annoying things is what makes my wife special! Everytime I have to fix the tube of toothpaste when she squeezes it in the middle or when the car is a little low on gas when I climb in, I thank God that she is there to annoy me!

I like this!...
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So you're saying you want to have an affair...
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options

He's come to the right place! MFP is AshleyMadison2.0!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I would love to see a man come in here and start a thread about the habits of his wife that he hates.

He'd be burned at the stake.

Lol...

I think they were referring to the OP, which happens to be a she.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options

how long till the affairs happen? lol~
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The only thing I'm thinking of currently (and I almost don't want to post because its so disgusting) is him spitting (from chewing tobacco) into the trash and/or sink the entire time he's cooking IN FRONT of our guests. Yeah, it's his nephew and fiance but man it's so unsanitary and just down right gross. SO. GROSS. I need to mention it before we have people over again.

But I know I annoy him far more than he annoys me and he still loves me, lol!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love everything single thing about my man.... but the way he eats. CHOMP CHOMP

He is so perfect in every other way I have learned to tune it out and I would NEVER trade him for anything. I am sure I annoy him somehow too. NO ONE IS PERFECT! But he is so freakin close! :o
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There isn't a person alive who doesn't have annoying habits. I don't get into the habit of listing the ones that annoy me of the people I love, because I really don't want to see a similar list of my own published.

It's that whole sowing and reaping principle.

LOL
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options

IaLG69Wh.jpg
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »

Love is gross, man.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Dump him, LOL.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think living with anyone is bound to be mildly irritating but .....
    Maybe you are too sensitive

Basically what you are saying is your husband's breathing and eating annoy you
    Wow thats kind of cold the poor man
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    The point where MFP makes you rethink who you married.....ouch
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Also... having been in a long distance relationship for about 3 years... I'd give anything to be exposed to those daily "annoyances". You want to leave the toilet seat up? Fine! It means you're here with me! You want to chew funny? Great! It means we get to share a meal together.

LDRs - perspective changers.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    Also... having been in a long distance relationship for about 3 years... I'd give anything to be exposed to those daily "annoyances". You want to leave the toilet seat up? Fine! It means you're here with me! You want to chew funny? Great! It means we get to share a meal together.

LDRs - perspective changers.

LDRs are ok for a certain amount of time, just not for a long long time.
    if you truly appreciate and love the person the annoyances should be part of it, and there's always a way to deal with it. Picking and Choosing how perfect someone is makes you difficult to please and that's just a self problem.
    Not saying the person is wrong for not wanting to hear heavy breathing or loud chewing but damn...oh wells
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Also, pick your battles. Mine leaves the toilet up, but he does a lot of the cooking/laundry. I will take the little nuances and love the big helps.

I often wonder what he even thinks I do... he does most of the 'common' chores... I think I'm useless to him except for the obvious.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    i can relate, i have misophonia, and yes, people can make fun of it, or say I'm exaggerating, but it has cost me a lot over the years. i have chosen to isolate myself which is a very sad way to live. movie theaters, concerts, restaurants cause me great anxiety. Noises that are annoying to most, cause me a great deal of distress. pen clicking, nail tapping, swallowing, teeth clicking on utensils, omg, the list is long and maddening. Luckily i have someone who understands that its me and not them and is willing to let me leave the room when i get overwhelmed without getting upset with me. oh, and my noises dont bother me. lol. irony.

Try cognitive behavioral therapy
    This is affecting your life
    Unless you work on it you will never have the tools to cope
    What if you are in a hospital and the anxiety and stress magnify your dysphonia imagine the noise machines beeping people walking talking crying don't you think its going to be harder for you if you cannot cope with whatever illness you have and the noise

not you but the OP seems to me to be playing the part of a delicate Blanch Dubois whose brute of a husband is terrifying her with these horrible vicious carnal sounds that turn her feminine stomach and give her the vapors
    She probably enjoys it secretly lording it over her loud breather open mouth chewer lumpen proletariat spouse