Is Being Skinny Fat Okay?

Options
13»

Replies

• hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic as you are! There are health benefits to resistance training in addition to muscle you would gain, so I wouldn't ever say you shouldn't do it. I think you should incorporate some kind of resistance training for the health benefits and tailor your program to meet your own personal goals. And if that doesn't include building additional muscle, then don't!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Girl... you are GORGEOUS!

Don't let anybody tell you what you should look like or who you are. You just keep on being you. You worked hard to get the body you have and you should enjoy and be proud of your success. Don't let other people bring you down for not meeting their standards of how a body should look, which quite likely they are not even meeting themselves.

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Your family wants you to have a big booty and washboard abs?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Be however you want. It's great to see you've become a happy and healthy person. Society changes its mind every twelve seconds anyway, so just be happy being your fit self.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    As long as you are healthy, you should be the size you want to be. Don't worry about everyone else's opinion, you can't satisfy everyone, so don't even try.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for everyones comments! I learned a lot.
    I think I got caught up in comparing myself to others, even though I know doing so is pointless.
    I really appreciate your responses. Overall I need to learn to be more gentle on myself. :)
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable in your body don't change it. Unless you need to gain muscle for medical reasons, you really shouldn't feel pressured. We come in different shapes and you will meet someone that will like you for who you are.
    If you are healthy and feel good stay that way!