Need Feedback on This new diet I created for myself

Options
124»

Replies

• maytehsp0rksbewithy0u
    Options
    kwkeegan wrote: »
    Thank you for your helpful input, am I to assume that it is harder to maintain weight than to lose it? Also, my calorie input is mostly protein, and I do not see how it is helpful for me to eat almost 3000 calories per day when I feel great hovering around 2000. I don't feel tired or hungry

Actually, yes you should assume that it is harder to maintain weight after losing than actually losing the weight itself. That is why people are advising you to create long term habits instead of just trying to lose weight as quickly as possible. Without establishing new habits, it is close to impossible to keep the weight off long term. I would say that keeping weight off long term is the true measure of a "successful diet."

I'm not advising you to up your calories to 3000. I haven't even looked at your food diary, honestly. Just going by what's been said in this thread, I'm advising that you establish a realistic routine and keep your calorie deficit reasonable instead of as steep as you currently have it.
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering checking your profile, are you real? no other pictures, no friends, no profile filled in, not a real diet, not a goal work and travel? I ve been for years in the travelbusiness, never met people like you reading these posts, but maybe my English is not well enough to really understand the discussion...

• kwkeegan
    kwkeegan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the question odi.
    Am I real? Yes.
    I'm not in the travel business, I just travel for work.
    Not a real diet? Is there such a thing?
  • kwkeegan
    Options
    Thank you may
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your helpful input, am I to assume that it is harder to maintain weight than to lose it? Also, my calorie input is mostly protein, and I do not see how it is helpful for me to eat almost 3000 calories per day when I feel great hovering around 2000. I don't feel tired or hungry

Actually, yes you should assume that it is harder to maintain weight after losing than actually losing the weight itself. That is why people are advising you to create long term habits instead of just trying to lose weight as quickly as possible. Without establishing new habits, it is close to impossible to keep the weight off long term. I would say that keeping weight off long term is the true measure of a "successful diet."

I'm not advising you to up your calories to 3000. I haven't even looked at your food diary, honestly. Just going by what's been said in this thread, I'm advising that you establish a realistic routine and keep your calorie deficit reasonable instead of as steep as you currently have it.

In my personal experience with losing weight previously and losing weight (and maintaining) this time: it's easier to maintain than lose if you lose your weight doing the things you can sustain while maintaining. It's harder to maintain than lose if you do things that you are unwilling to sustain.
  • kwkeegan
    Options
    Thanks Jane you've been very helpful
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everybody said what needs be said. So I'll say weight loss is a daily decision that influences your lifestyle but doesn't dominate it (unless you get paid for your looks). Be smart about you n how u want live...by your looks or by feeling good. Also, get some whole grains & good protein in there!

Rey
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

In my personal experience with losing weight previously and losing weight (and maintaining) this time: it's easier to maintain than lose if you lose your weight doing the things you can sustain while maintaining. It's harder to maintain than lose if you do things that you are unwilling to sustain.

Bingo
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    May I ask what kind of feedback you would have found acceptable

You've had excellent advice throughout this thread from experienced and knowledgeable people

Yet you have taken a position that you know everything already and everyone is raining on your excellently thought through parade

Fair enough ...good luck with your chosen path ...hope to hear from you in a year or so