Breast Augmentation; yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a breast lift. Maybe implants but I'm afraid of the expense. I just don't have that kind of money. So I'm thinking a lift, something that's a one time deal instead of implants that are a total maintenance issue.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Nay, don't men prefer all natural??

wouldn't this be the same as don't all men want curves? Sorry to say, but that's pathetic. Not all men want the same exact thing. Also, OP said she wants to do this for herself, not some guy or guys.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have DD and they get in the way of EVERYTHING! It's hard to find tops that fit well..most I have to go up a size, then they are tight on top, baggy on the bottom. And, when I lose weight, very little of it comes from that area. I would love to be a C..heck, I would just love to be able to go bra-less without my boobs being at my waist.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40H and let me tell you, don't believe the hype! Big boobs aren't all they're cracked up to be! Though they DO look nice...They are more of a nuisance!

Besides, you're perfectly imperfect right? Embrace your body the way it was made! BTW- OBSESSED with your eyebrows! :flowerforyou:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    My problem is mine don't shrink with weight loss. They're gonna be Ds regardless.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The decision is completely yours and if you decide to do it then power to you. The thing people often overlook is fake breasts are not a one time cost. They need to be replaced every 10 years or so.. which is more money, recovery time and risk of complications.

Also, about 80% of the women I know who have had an augmentation(and I know A LOT!!) have had to go back multiple times to have things fixed. These are women off all ages, across multiple continents, going to many different doctors. Things can go wrong.

One girl got an infection and had to have 6 surgeries in the first 2 years. She's happy now but it cost her 10's of thousands of dollars.

Another girl had an issue where the implants were to big for her body and the tissue between her breasts separated from the muscle, she has so far had 10 surgeries and she is only 24 years old.

If you want to do it then go for it. But realize that no matter how good your doctor is, things can and do (often) go wrong. I would recommend having a large buffer in your bank account as an "in case of" fund.

Good luck!
  • angelams1019
    Options
    I'm all for a breast lift. Maybe implants but I'm afraid of the expense. I just don't have that kind of money. So I'm thinking a lift, something that's a one time deal instead of implants that are a total maintenance issue.

I'm pretty sure breast implants are less expensive than a breast lift....Yes, implants require maintenance, but...If your boobs fell once...Don't you think they will again? Which would require ANOTHER lift? :wink:
  • angelams1019
    Options
    My problem is mine don't shrink with weight loss. They're gonna be Ds regardless.

This. I've lost 86 pounds and they haven't gotten any smaller. 40H for life! lol
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's your body and you are the one that has to live in it. If that's what you want then go for it. If it was me I would wait till I got to my goal weight and see how I felt after a few months before making the decision
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly big built women. Even if I lose the fat on my body, I will still have big hands, big feet, broad shoulders, and a taller than average height for a women 5'8. With all this being said I'm not blessed with a chest. I'm not technically flat chested, but I'm also not in the middle ratio either.

I am considering getting a boob job once I lose fat. I'm currently 215 and would like to get down to 170! This wouldn't be done to impress men, but for me to feel more comfortable in my own skin, wearing tank tops and etc...
    Big breasts will not make you more comfortable wearing tank tops. I've been "blessed" my entire life and having boobs makes it impossible to wear a lot of clothes I wish I could wear. Also, you'll end up with cleavage in EVERYTHING you wear.

The grass is not necessarily greener. And keep in mind that once you get implants, that isn't the end. They actually have to be replaced every certain number of years.

Ultimately, it's your decision, but I would never do it. I'd love to trade with you! lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Boobies rule the world. If you aren't happy with your body change it.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I was a 46DDD for many years and now I am a 40DD. I tried on a very beautiful sundress and guess why I couldn't fit it? Exactly, my breasts were too big.

In the end, the decision is yours. Just do ample research and ask as many questions until you are clear in your head of all risks involved and the final look after the procedure, etc.

I wish you the best on whichever choice you make.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, the answer is yay.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Yes, all men want exactly the same thing.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

wouldn't this be the same as don't all men want curves? Sorry to say, but that's pathetic. Not all men want the same exact thing. Also, OP said she wants to do this for herself, not some guy or guys.

It was a question not a statement... Are you always rude when you "quote" someone. Anyways I say nay because
    1.) Have you lost all your weight
    2.) Wait until you are done having children because it changes your body.
    3.) I have known of people who have gotten very sick from breast implants.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, the answer is yay.

No

A lot of times women think they need something that they don't (not saying that is the case here or not). But, either way, it's a very big decision and I do not think the answer is that simple.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If it's for you, and you do your research and make the decision based on what you feel is best, I'd say go for it!

This ^^^^^. Do it for you and no one else :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    If you want them, get them. If you don't then don't.
    IMO, the best way to determine is is it affordable to you for the results you get?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Yay if you want them.

Nay if you don't.