40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Options

Replies

• Empress_Becky
    Empress_Becky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can not wait for the warm weather. I live near Rochester, NY and it is cold and windy today.

I moved to Tampa two years ago from "near Rochester" don't miss the snow but miss Rochester people and autumn!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    jakes2011 wrote: »
    buxbert wrote: »
    Hi there! I am in the same boat! I am almost 45 with 50 to lose. When I lose the first 50 then my goal will be 20 more. I started on here Jan 2nd I have lose 22lbs! I also got a fitbit. That helps so much. You can do this!

Hi Weightlossissues - Been thinking about getting a fitbit myself - are they any good? good luck with the rest of your journey - sounds like you are really on it!! :-)

Hi, I would like to get one, too. What I want to monitor is steps, running and cycling. (maybe swimming but I guess that makes it expensive.) any experiences on which model would be good for that?

Buxbert - Not sure if you got a response privately to your fitbit query? They're great for the steps/running, but not so great for other stuff. I put my fitbit one on my shoe when I cycle, and in a waterproof pouch for aquafit, but neither seem very accurate. I use a fitbit charge hr most of the time, and it seems pretty accurate (unless you're walking with your hands full (i.e. they can't swing) or pushing a shopping cart/stroller) ... at least it motivates me!

no, id didn't get replies - thanks for yours! I have problems with my knee so I am not running and as I work with many people around I don't really want to wear a fitbit for work; hmmm; so that might not be the right thing for me right now then. but then again maybe for when I go for walks? well... still have to think about it! thanks a lot and good luck!
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have found tracking is very important but remember you can be doing everything right and it is not going to be a fast process. It kills me the people on this site that say the weight just fell off and it was so easy. This is not easy. I am currently so frustrated with how slow the scale is moving I want to kick someone but then I look back an see it is moving, just like molasses in the spring.

I find it hard too. It's not falling off me. But I think that's because I always ate pretty healthy just too much.
    People who drink soda and eat fast food and then stop will drop 40 pounds in a month !!
  • justduckit
    justduckit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    [/quote]I find it hard too. It's not falling off me. But I think that's because I always ate pretty healthy just too much.
    People who drink soda and eat fast food and then stop will drop 40 pounds in a month !! [/quote]

I agree with that 100%. I had been stopping at McD's on the way to work at least three times a week for the longest time. I stopped today for the first time in two weeks and feel awful. Right back on the wagon for me.

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree with that 100%. I had been stopping at McD's on the way to work at least three times a week for the longest time. I stopped today for the first time in two weeks and feel awful. Right back on the wagon for me.

Isn't it crazy when you eat well how when you go back to your old way you don't feel well. We had fondue night last weekend and I could not even make it to the gym the next day. I know I would have tossed my cookies on my trainers shoes. I hate having to make the right choice all the time but boy am I happy I do the next day :).
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Okay ladies, anyone have any suggestions on a good brand of "mom" jeans that don't cost a ton to get while my size decreases. Everything I have tried seems to be too low on my hips.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to this topic. I have lost over 100 over the past 2 years but have to get this last 40 off.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, glad to see others my age making this happen.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Three plus months in I am quickly approaching 40lbs down...still aiming for 200 before I reevaluate (18 or so more).

Church/Charities are getting a large amount of XL clothes this weekend!

A bit of humour - my wife wasn't to impressed with me spending money on t-shirts this week (bought 3 training shirts for the gym and 3 simple cotton ones for around the house)...then I came downstairs with one on...she kept staring and smiling ang giggling..for hours
  • bvsulli00
    bvsulli00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over 40...with 40 to lose
  • laurenmb411
    laurenmb411 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I am in the same boat as all Hugh other strong ladies. I have a hard time getting through my boredom and those moments when food used to be my comfort. Anyone have any good strategies for coping through this mind trap time. I've been sniffing trail mix for the last three days, but I don't think that that is very productive.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, anyone have any suggestions on a good brand of "mom" jeans that don't cost a ton to get while my size decreases. Everything I have tried seems to be too low on my hips.

Have you tried Lee jeans at jcpenny? They go on sale plus a jcpenny 20% coupon.
  • GinaSpartan
    GinaSpartan Posts: 13 Member
    Options

How about "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" (NYDJ) - I found they are "forgiving' and can look good - I know I've seen them when I visit the States...just not sure exactly where.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    lavrn03 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!!!! Stick with it you are worth it. I've lost over 60lbs and only 15lbs left to go! It feels so good on this end of the journey.
    What I've learned these past 19months that I feel have made me successful in my journey:
    1- don't set up your deficit too high. Figure out what you need to eat to maintain your current weight then only eat 250 less each day for awhile. Work up to 500 less a day. If you become very active Then alternate -250/-500 during the week and eat at maintenance on the weekend. FOCUS ON MAKING CHANCES WITH YOUR FOOD CHOICES
    2-MOVE! I started out walking 20 min miles for 30 mins then 45-60mins, now I can jog a 5K/10K (10-12min mile) and powerwalk at 13 min miles.
    3-Strength Train NOW!!! Build muscle!! Even if u have 100lbs to lose build it now. The more muscle the better. There are people who weigh less then me but look bigger because I have more lean body mass.
    4-This is the hardest!!! Allow yourself the time to take care of yourself, you are worth it! Don't feel guilty. And cut yourself some slack when life happens and you get off track.
    IF YOU DO ALL THESE THINGS YOU WILL BE SUCESSFUL!

Other tips: eat more protein. 1gram per body weight. You will fee full and eat less carbs. The more you eat complex carbs only and limit simple carbs the less cravings you will have. Drink at least half your body weight in water.

Okay that's it....go be a loser!!

Anyone can friend me if you want

You are doing great! Thanks for the tips.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have found tracking is very important but remember you can be doing everything right and it is not going to be a fast process. It kills me the people on this site that say the weight just fell off and it was so easy. This is not easy. I am currently so frustrated with how slow the scale is moving I want to kick someone but then I look back an see it is moving, just like molasses in the spring.

My weight has always moved slowly with periods of no weight loss then I'll see a bigger loss. Just keep going, it will happen.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Thanks for the jean advise ladies. I am off the the mall tomorrow. I am tired of hiking these up all the time.
  • elleT31
    elleT31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would really like to join your group too. I've lost 80, 12 has crept back on. I use MFP and MMF, had been doing really well until a big move, a fainting spell with no reason why, and the holidays of course. Still need to lose 40-50, but even with regular exercise and better food choices my weight loss went from 1-2 pounds a week to 1-2 pounds a month. Really appreciate reading everyone's posts, thank you!
  • Empress_Becky
    Empress_Becky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a fail at the quote thing, those looking at fitness counters. I have a misfit shine. Looks pretty and is water proof. It can count steps and swimming. Uses a watch battery instead of needing to be charged. Unfortunately, I haven't found any that count weight lifting. I love my purple shine though and if you get one be sure to add me to your friends.
  • my_cleanfit_journey
    my_cleanfit_journey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my story- I'm a 38 yr old mom of 4- 18yr, 15yr, 7yr & 4yr.When I became pregnant, I gained a ton of weight with my first 2 but lost most with my first & had some lingering poundage after my second. When I was 25 I lost my mother & that life altering event made me turn to food & alcohol to cope with all my incredible sadness. I quit all alcohol 8 yrs ago & have not touched any since but my food issues continued up until 2015. I bought a treadmill with intentions of using it which I did for a bit but then fell back into old habits and it became a new laundry hanger. I finally decided to make a change & started working out on a reg basis May 2015 at a starting weight of 234lbs. I had lost some post pregnancy weight at this point & wasn't eating quite so big portions as well as not drinking brought me down to this weight. Today I am going into my 10 month of being consistent & working out 5 days/wk & eating clean food. I've gone from 234lbs to 197lbs & have dropped 3 pant/shirt sizes. I have found a love for running which has helped me to lose weight as well as relieve stress. I went from thinking I couldn't workout because I hated it to doing it 5 x a wk loving it & actually missing it on rest days. I started an Instagram account(@my_cleanfit_journey) to keep me accountable for my workouts, meals etc & this has helped me tremendously. I still need to lose 65lbs to get to my ideal healthy weight for my height & I am always a willing participate in motivating others because I once not very long ago was one of those people who couldn't stay consistent & found it hard to stay focused & follow through. I'm always up for adding new friends who are up lifting & motivated &/or might need some motivation. Please add me if you'd like :)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Spent the afternoon catching up on posts here...it's been a while since I've posted. I am a little over 9 weeks into my journey, and the weight was coming off at about a pound a week during the first two months, but now the scale hasn't moved in a couple weeks. I'm gonna keep on going! Slow progress is still progress :)
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Lee rider jeans for women at Walmart, doesn't cost more than $25 a pair comfortable and forgiving pair.