Office Lunch/Snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• janehastings
    janehastings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks lovely. I'm finishing maternity leave soon so need to start thinking about healthy / cheap packed lunches too so I'm following with interest!

Unsweetened Almond milk could be good on your muesli?
  • UPOLegend
    UPOLegend Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you will find goldfish crackers in Lidl or Aldi, I'm sure they have them but I live in Germany so the German Lidl/Aldi might stock differently.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i bring my snacks in a lunch bag with a cold pack
    edamame, pita with jelly and cottage cheese, mini wheats, string cheese, apple and nut butters, homemade soups or salads, low calorie pudding, greek yogurt with honey or other things of my choice-going to make a peach and cinnamon topping, popcorn
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i eat the following:
    • apple sauce
    • string cheese
    • pudding
    • bananas
    • apples
    • grapes
    • raisins
    • salads
    • canned soup
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    In my drawer in my desk I have a bag of nuts, powdered wheatgrass, mixed seeds, soup, a selection of herbal teas, protein bars, crackers, wheat biscuits, oats, rice cakes, canned fruit, honey and jam. I don't have a fridge but all of these are great for snacks that stop me going to the cakes and sweets.

I tend to do a shop maybe 1-2 times a month just before work and stock up. On those days I'll buy fruit and berries. They last me about a week.

For lunch sometimes I bring in left overs from the night before, other times I'll make a salad or sandwich and sometimes I just buy lunch local or in the canteen.
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pack a turkey and cheese sandwich with mustard (not mayo!) - For me, 88g of Turkey + 34g cheese + 2 slices of bread + 1 tbsp Djion Mustard = ~392 calories. And that's a pretty fair sized sandwich! Veggies that you can steam in their own bag are also a good choice! Many come already in a light sauce for flavor. I also like doing oatmeal. If you do the ones that come in their own packages, they are usually about 140 calories per package, so two packages for 280 will take you a LONG way.
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I typically bring grape tomatoes (make sure the label reads "sweet"), bananas, grapes, clementines, protein granola bars, protein shake, dry cereal for munching
  • jessicaerfer906
    jessicaerfer906 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hardboiled egg; light string cheese; I keep wasa fiber crackers at my desk and a wheel of laughing cow in the fridge; I pre-measure dip for veggies (lately, tzatziki with celery/carrots/cucumber) on a sunday and bring them in either as one bag or different smaller bag each day. I have glass rubbermaid containers that I portion out with a little plain yogurt and fruit. Can also do portioned out hummus. Investing in containers is a life and price saver.
  • askovira
    askovira Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I typically do a big salad most days (baby spinach w/ baby greens, shredded cabbage or carrots, cherry tomatoes, sliced hard boiled egg and half of an avocado sliced). I try to mix up the dressings. Sometimes I skip the hard boiled egg and have a few water crackers with sardines and sriracha. For snacks I will have greek yogurt, an apple w/ peanut butter, almonds, edamame, hard boiled egg, string cheese, etc.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have an idea - shall we start sharing work lunches/snacks so we can give each other ideas?

Upon arriving at work I had:

A sandwich: 2 slices of Hovis Nimble wholemeal bread, a slice of quick cook Turkey steak, some low fat cheese spread gherkin slices and sunkissed tomatoes (I LOVE them and the name is SO romantic haha) + a blood orange.

Mid morning- just finished a bowl of OOMF! Protein Oats (delicious and filling!)

I bought a soup from Iceland - Veg Minestrone. Will add a quick cook turkey to it for the added proto and maybe a dark chocolate bar and another orange.

Mid afternoon a blood orange, maybe a sandwich? (Kinda lost here atm).

Dinner - Fish and loads of steamed veggies! <3

B4 bed - I sometimes make protein fluff if I'm still feeling hungry.
  • andyluvv
    Options
    Oh btw I bought this today to make porridge at work. I think I'll start making overnight oats and leave them in our fridge. Thinking of adding some protein powder to it too.

aqejjemsma1s.jpg

I reckon I could also use the same container to cook eggs in the microwave (or maybe my mug?) and also it'd be easy to make steamed veggies/rice (I read that you can online).
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm a real grazer at work so take a lunchbox with carrot sticks, grapes, a banana, feta egg muffins and salad in. Plus I have a packet of rich tea biscuits in my drawer. Or sometimes I have crackers and Philadelphia instead of the muffins. Or Nigella's peanut noodle salad.
  • andyluvv
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just had an idea for work lunch. A can of baked or kidney beans. Lots of protein and fibre!