I have 900 calories remaining to eat today?

Options

Replies

• jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well the actual count for my lunch was 388 I didn't have my number available when I wrote the post and the bread I used was 45 calories a slice and the veggies were tomatoes and celery which has next to no calories and fruits were strawberries and blueberries also have very little calories, the cheese was 50 calories and the meat was 50 calories
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    peanut butter

And a spoon, job done
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Meant to say 338 d42841dl9i11.png
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The good news is that using the calorie amounts listed on packages (per slice for the bread for example) isn't very accurate. Each slice is not weighed before packaging, so those slices could have been more than you calculated. Same with the cheese, meat, well, everything. So if you're using measuring cups and serving sizes, it's likely you ate more calories than you think. A little bit adds up a TON over the course of a day/week. Now might be a great time to spend a few dollars and get a food scale! It will help you know that you are getting enough food to fuel your body, and will help you understand serving sizes!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jacki865 wrote: »
    Meant to say 338 d42841dl9i11.png
    Just curious, is there a reason why you measured your strawberries by weight and your blueberries by measuring cup?
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    you are eating more than you think you are.....

This is what I am thinking...are you putting in each ingredient (for your sandwich) in the database? 2 slices of bread, condiments, amount of meat, veggies, etc. What about your dinner and dessert? You should put everything in individually and see if your calorie intake changes
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    What is the point of this post. You seem not to care about anyone's opinions and choose to be convinced they are wrong. So eat more or don't eat more it's really your choice.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, drink the calories through milk or orange juice or something. Or peanut butter, as others have said. You can always drink the calories. Eat a minimum of 1200/day.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    The good news is that using the calorie amounts listed on packages (per slice for the bread for example) isn't very accurate. Each slice is not weighed before packaging, so those slices could have been more than you calculated. Same with the cheese, meat, well, everything. So if you're using measuring cups and serving sizes, it's likely you ate more calories than you think. A little bit adds up a TON over the course of a day/week. Now might be a great time to spend a few dollars and get a food scale! It will help you know that you are getting enough food to fuel your body, and will help you understand serving sizes!

Hmm, I've actually noticed these numbers being surprisingly accurate whenever I weigh these items.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    that has to be the worlds most bland sandwich.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,656 Member
    Options
    I'd probably eat more. For sure, if I checked my protein total, and found it was substantially below my target, I would eat more, and I'd make it protein-rich. Getting enough protein is especially important while in calorie deficit, to retain as much muscle as possible while losing, especially if you're working out (thus have a likelihood that your body would like to do a bit of muscle repair).
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    jacki865 wrote: »
    It's likely you didn't burn 600 calories on the cross trainer, those machines tend to over estimate as well. That being said you're still under the minimum calorie recommendation for the day. If this is a one time thing it's probably not a big deal but continuously under eating can lead to problems. You may also find that if you fuel your body more fully you may not need to sleep so much and take naps mid day.

Well mfp wanted to tell me over 1000 calories burned for that. I'm also bigger then the average person

If you're bigger than the average person you probably don't need to be on a 1200 calorie diet, let alone a 900 calorie one. 1200 calories is what a three year old girl eats. The short and petite might need to go that low on a diet, but most people can and should be eating more, particularly larger folks.
  • snickerflatz
    snickerflatz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Homemade smoothie! I started them this week.... Awesome filler!
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What's the point of people asking for help if they're not going to acceptt it?! Eat or don't. We're telling you to eat. If you don't eat and you keep not eating you're going to die. Just do what FitPal says and move on with your day, it's not that hard. I went 24hrs not eating last month when I was sick, but because my mind wasn't thinking clearly I just slept all day. However, I'm a diabetic and realized the next day when I was thinking clearer how bad that was. So if you're sick or not, try to eat something. Unless you're a hobo and don't have access to food, there's no excuse not to eat.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    All of the above with regards to making sure you eat enough consistently. The odd day doesn't matter.

BUT, you had a sandwich and fruit and veggies for only 300 calories? Are you sure? What fruit? Two slices of bread (at least 100 calories per slice) and what was the filling? I think you may be under-reporting your calories too.

Most sandwich bread, in my experience is well under 100 calories a slice. Aldi white bread is 60 per slice and walmart white bread is 70.
  • lotusmoonrise
    lotusmoonrise Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bananassssss!
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    you are eating more than you think you are.....
    You know this how? Did she say she wasn't losing weight or something?
  • incisron
    Options

Hmm, I've actually noticed these numbers being surprisingly accurate whenever I weigh these items.

So have I, very often.
  • incisron
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    All of the above with regards to making sure you eat enough consistently. The odd day doesn't matter.

BUT, you had a sandwich and fruit and veggies for only 300 calories? Are you sure? What fruit? Two slices of bread (at least 100 calories per slice) and what was the filling? I think you may be under-reporting your calories too.

Most sandwich bread, in my experience is well under 100 calories a slice. Aldi white bread is 60 per slice and walmart white bread is 70.
    Yes, the bread I eat is always 60-70.

• farbs
    farbs Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »

So have I, very often.

Yes me too!