Favorite Greek yogurt?

Options
What is your favorite for a snack - not plain

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves the wallaby organic whole milk vanilla bean. It's pretty wonderful, but I usually eat plain.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Always read the label. The best tasting ones often have the most sugar and added ingredients. Chobani and Fage are my favorites.
    Nothing wrong with sugar or artificials = did not want to start a 2 hour argument.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Fage Total when it's on special offer
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Chobani and Nostimo. Pretty much any flavor without coconut (allergy). Although really I like all of them. I usually add in granola or Chex cereal and sometimes have fruit with it as well for breakfast.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Any with the least ingredients possible and preferably not a lot of sugar or honey. I've had a bite of one store brand (on sale) that was so sweet it didn't taste like yogurt at all. I gave the rest away lol.

I avoid a lot of artificial sweetener because taste :s and some bloat me. There's a couple other additives I avoid as well for similar reasons.

It's hard to say which flavored yogurt I would buy since they are constantly changing their formulas and ingredients.

I prefer to buy plain and add my own fruit and a little honey. It's more filling that way for me for whatever reason as well.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I really love Noosa tart cherry or raspberry as a dessert, because it's made with whole milk and has 280 calories for 8 ounces. But as a normal go-to yogurt, I prefer Dannon Light Greek yogurt in strawberry cheesecake (80 calories for 5.3 ounces) or Muller Greek 100 Corner mixed berry or strawberry.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon's Light & Fit Greek Yogurts because they're only 80 calories and come in a ton of really good flavors. That being said, I'm not that impressed with their recent Mousse Greek Yogurt line. My dad likes it a lot (he usually hates greek yogurt), but I find it more artificial tasting and less filling.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Fage
    Evolve Kefir (lots of protein too)
    Siggi's (ditto, and less sugar)
    Stonyfield Petite Creme (same... not Greek but lots of protein)
    Chobani flips/Oikos crunch
    Oikos Triple Zero

I want to like the Light & Fit ones but I just can't.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Trader Joes has a good version that comes in individual cups with pour-in granola, oats, honey, etc. Not too calorie heavy and perfect for a healthy dessert. I'm partial to the pomegranate one.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes coconut
    Trader Joe's vanilla bean
    Oikos 2% plain (sorry) with granola on top
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Any yogurt that comes from milk from cows that are not given growth hormone or antiobiotics, and were not on factory farms. Brands available where I shop the most are Stonyfield or Cabot. I'm in Massachusetts and Cabot products are priced well here, but were higher when I lived in Florida.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I really love Noosa tart cherry or raspberry as a dessert, because it's made with whole milk and has 280 calories for 8 ounces. But as a normal go-to yogurt, I prefer Dannon Light Greek yogurt in strawberry cheesecake (80 calories for 5.3 ounces) or Muller Greek 100 Corner mixed berry or strawberry.

I do love the noosa ones when I can afford the calories and price. It's a large amount but also pretty filling. I do wonder about the butter in some flavors. I'm not afraid of fat at all but I'd never seen butter in yogurt before lol.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ew. none. i prefer my yogurt to NOT taste like it's gone bad.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Peanut Butter and Jelly greek yogurt. I know, it sounds super strange, but it is delicious!

Fage peach, and blueberry are my other favorites.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I love the Oikos Cafe Latte. I add 1/2 ounce of slivered almonds.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like Fage, Siggi's, and the TJ's store brand. I normally like plain but with fruit added (or I dip apples into it). I have liked coconut and vanilla flavored ones, though.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I like Fage, Siggi's, and the TJ's store brand. I normally like plain but with fruit added (or I dip apples into it). I have liked coconut and vanilla flavored ones, though.

I like to add fruit too! My new favorite is Chobani (plain) with fresh pomelo. Usually the fruit with high GI value taste the best since they're already sweet (grape, pineapple, or watermelon), but with pomelo it becomes a great snack since it's not only high protein but low calorie!!
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I use 2% Fage plain and add my own stuff to it because it is more cost effective. I pre-portion them out on the weekend so convenience isn't sacrificed. 5oz yogurt plus fruit and crunchy stuff; my favorite right now: 1tbs maple syrup, 1/4c blueberries, 1tbs raw pumpkin seeds, 1tbs hemp seeds, and about 25g granola on the side so it doesn't get soggy.
    My favorite chobani flavors are passion fruit, pineapple, and apricot, and those are all made with their 2% yogurt. Fage with the honey flip is great, too. I don't like Chobani's honey flavor because of the tanginess.
    My favorite non-Greek is called "oh-my-yog", put out my Stonyfield. It's full-fat, but one taste of the vanilla flavor changed my life.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I never eat mine plain. I like Fage 0% though (with powdered pb and an oreo all crushed up in it)