560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options

Replies

• aaronmullennix
    aaronmullennix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy you can do this. Don't think about tomorrow, only about today. We can only change today.
  • deniseteas
    deniseteas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you can do this....we're all living proof you can do it!!!! One day at a time...one meal at a time...one workout at a time...
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a wonderful group of people that will encourage and support you along the way. At times when I feel like the struggle is mine alone, I come here and see that there are lots of other people feeling the same way, and finding strength in numbers. Nobody can promise that this is going to be easy, but it's easier with this group. Feel free to add me.
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am rooting for you! Feel free to send me a friend request. It might seem like you are embarking on an impossible challenge, but taking it choice by choice, hour by hour, day by day, and even minute by minute will help. You're worth it.
  • farmer50340
    farmer50340 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You've got this. Focus on what you can do today. Try to do better each day. Glad to have you here.
  • climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and support. I've always been a big guy, 6'5 and big built but the past 8 years have been a downhill slope. Just gotta turn it around and start climbing back up - I didn't gain my weight in a day, month or year, so I can't expect to lose it that quick. This is stuff I know and believe, just have to man-up and do it.
  • RosemaryG89
    RosemaryG89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first step. I'm just starting my first steps (again, after giving up several times), I don't want to give up this time. I'm starting out at 500lbs. I don't have any major health issues yet, but like you, I need to change. Baby steps, one day at a time. We can do this!
  • AngryGangrel
    AngryGangrel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do this! To quote a famous fish: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on taking your first step by joining MFP, that tells me your serious about this. My best recommendation is to log - everything. The good, the bad and the ugly. I have psoriatic arthritis and right now I can only push past the pain in 10 min increments for exercising which frustrates me to no end. So, I do 10 min. a couple of times a day and take the weekends off. Do what you can, when you can. I would love to follow you and maybe help you in your journey. I have 119 lbs to go, I've lost 13 so far and today is my 10th day on here. Feel free to add me.
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I lost 275 pounds (410 to 135) using Weight Watchers... and went on to completely transform in other areas of my life (leaving a Mennonite group)- just sharing to let you know hard things CAN be done, I am living proof!
  • Bluejedi79
    Bluejedi79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! It's going to be a great journey. November 2014 is when I was at my heaviest, 443 pounds Down to 390-no where near where I wanted to be right now. Slow progress. But I'm starting to get the hang of this weight loss stuff. I'm 36, no major health issues as well, other than high blood pressure but don't need to take meds for it (yet) Any one can feel free to add me as a friend.

I know I'm not as good as I should be about logging food (or exercise) but I'm watching what I eat and working out at least 3 days a week....90% of the time. I'm at the point where more than half a can of soda makes me sick to my stomach and I'm far more sensitive to the taste of salt than ever before-to the point when I eat say a frozen dinner or something heavy in salt like ham-I'm nearly getting sick off the taste of salt.

The biggest thing I've learned though-the go big or go home mentality doesn't work. at least not with me...small gradual changes have worked the best.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I definitely look forward to seeing you getting healthy. Best of luck to you!
  • Buckeyegirl1965
    Buckeyegirl1965 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    climbingup wrote: »
    Starting at over 560lbs I have a long way to go..... This is only day one. I've got to get healthy if I want to see my grandkids one day. At 35, I don't have any major health issues yet but I've got change! Here I go.... a new journey - :smile: [/b]

• Buckeyegirl1965
    Buckeyegirl1965 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you of you need someone, I just started last week and damn determined to lose it this time, I just turned 50 and I started out at 250 and would love to lose, at least 90. Doing this for my Health and to get my Sexy back, we have two grandbabies, 3 and 5 and I Will be here for them. We can do this!!!
  • makingamiracle
    makingamiracle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Started at 480. Down 25 in a month. Let me know what I can do to help.
  • sonnydaniels
    sonnydaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you bro--I am currently 324 working back down to 200--we can do it together
  • Superb16
    Superb16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be the one to say it- you didn't get to that weight in one day, either- so set REASONABLE goals, and stay focused. You can borrow my motto: "I GOT THIS!" Feel free to friend me if ya want! XO~
  • alphastarz
    alphastarz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You won't believe how many people got your back here! :) at one stage I lost a lot of weight and was having postural pain trying to adjust, hopped onto the forums here and folks gave me great tips for stretching to relieve the pain that worked. My point is, keep coming back as you get to new challenges and successes, and we will all keep supporting you through what each new day brings. You got this!
  • Cambridge727
    Cambridge727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow you can do it I have over 150 pounds to lose . I so far have lost 4 pounds just getting started. Feel free add me if you like I'm with ya
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome! For me, there are days where I have so much energy, motivation and it's so easy, but I also have those days that getting out of pjs is a struggle. Those days every small thing I do counts and usually I end up having a not so bad day.One day at a time, one pound at a time! When There's a will, there's a way! Enjoy your journey, you are not alone!