560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options

Replies

• schindml09
    schindml09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have my support. You can do this! Start with making small changes. Some ideas: track your food intake, cut out soda, cut back on sugar and salt, drink lots of water and start with walking and Stretching each day
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wow - good luck! This the place to be. We will be watching and rooting for you, so don't you dare not log in!!
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You've taken the best step. The first one. Set small goals and celebrate each success by doing something fun or rewarding to you. You'll learn how to make conscious choices so you can still eat things you love, just in moderation and not all a once., lol. I hate the word diet, as it means deprivation to me. Eating modification..learning to eat healthier foods, eating normal proportions.

Tracking what you eat is key...it will shock you to find out how many calories you're taking in without burning any off. Scary really....but motivating. I love seeing the percentages of nutrients, as it helps me work harder to stay under the recommended limits, which in turn is better for my health. Wish I'd found this site years ago.

Congrats on your first step; welcome to MFP and best of luck on your journey!!
  • climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice and words of encouragement. Its good to hear from people who have already traveled this road.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Yeah you do got it! There's gonna be good days and bad days, just keep with it for the long haul. We can all do this if we help each other out......
  • ebarker1265
    ebarker1265 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Stay encouraged and take it one day at a time.
  • marykay1999
    marykay1999 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to change. It is not at all easy. Even a year in for me is still hard at times. We all can do this. I will be sending you a friend request.
  • michellerodrick
    michellerodrick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! Way to go!! The first step is the hardest to take, you've got this! Personally I've been slacking a bit but I've lost 45 lbs. total and still have 100+ to go.... feel free to add me if you like, I'm better with motivating others than motivating myself.
  • Flab2Fab32
    Flab2Fab32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! MFP is one of the greatest places to find support. I have just started back after falling off track over the holidays. I have 100+ to lose and could use some support myself! Please feel free to add me.
  • steve0481
    steve0481 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started. That's the hardest part.
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Got your back man! There are those that have lost more so you're good. Just log your food and chat with someone on my mfp everyday.
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Greetings my friend. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to add me.
  • cleverlycutemuffin
    Options
    You can do this! I'm looking to drop over 200 pounds, and I've lost 19 so far. My "focus" is just on being healthier, But I know in order to do that, my body can't handle as much weight as I'm carrying right now. Baby steps...one at a time.
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I lost 275 pounds (410 to 135) using Weight Watchers... and went on to completely transform in other areas of my life (leaving a Mennonite group)- just sharing to let you know hard things CAN be done, I am living proof!

Wow! You should really be proud of yourself! Bravo.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    starting here is definitely a step in the right direction but may not be enough. I would seek professional help with nutrition and exercise to make sure you are doing things right . I would recommend weight watchers it's a program that works and it's pretty easy to follow. I am excited to see your progress !!!! Good Luck and please keep us posted :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    you can DO EEEET!!!! i love this site!! was a regular here a while back but ive come back to Narnia now!!
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You took the first step to weight loss. I have 80 pounds to lose I make small goals I find it easier to work with small amounts. It can be frustrating looking at large numbers. You have a great reason to lose weight to be honest with you 1 of my reasons is also to watch my grandson and hopefully future grandchildren grow up. I have health issues
    that needs attention. If you want to chat you can add me to your list. Have a good day.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track!
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    How's it going? I thought I'd share a couple 'sample' meals I normally eat:

Breakfast today: Southwest Egg Beaters omelet with baby spinach, a sliced grilled cinnamon-maple pear, and 2 slices of 647 bread toasted with sugar free seedless blackberry jam- and COFFEE! Total calories: 200 for all of this! ☺️

vtcdbvhtk6xv.jpeg