560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options
climbingup
climbingup Posts: 20 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Starting at over 560lbs I have a long way to go..... This is only day one. I've got to get healthy if I want to see my grandkids one day. At 35, I don't have any major health issues yet but I've got change! Here I go.... a new journey - :smile: [/b]

Replies

• courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You've definitely come to a great place for support and motivation. Take it one day at a time and even when that gets to be too much take it one hour or even minute at a time. It's hard but you come out stronger and healthier than before :) Good Luck. You got this and have tons of support here
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great first step! You can do this!
  • linzdai
    linzdai Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go for starting your journey! You can do it! :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, that was my statement when i started 3 years and 100 pounds ago. "gotta start somewhere" you will be glad you started today! go get em tiger!
  • The_Pace
    The_Pace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking this first step! It isn't going to be easy but you can do it. Just focus on making it through each day and make little goals for yourself.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Tracking what you're consuming is the best place to start. Good luck!!
  • Denisecandothis
    Denisecandothis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First step is always the hardest!!! Once you start talking about it to people, you find you want to keep going and show them how well you are doing. I have started over this year. I gained all back that I lost 2 years ago. It's ok, though, I am here again and KNOW what I have to do! I would love to cheer you on and keep up with you! Friend me on here if you want. :-) YOU GOT THIS!!!!!
  • LolaPlant
    LolaPlant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for starting! THAT is what matters. Don't be too hard on yourself because you won't be perfect everyday. Here is something I have learned that might help you ~ it's not about being consistently perfect, it's about consistently trying and going forward. Try to remember that everyday and even every hour (I have to look at it like that sometimes) is a fresh start.

It helped me to set small goals at first. Yeah, I'd like to one day do a marathon, but that's really not possible right now, so I won't focus on that perse`. Instead I focus on today. Today I want to get some work done and I don't want to focus on food, so today I will keep busy doing things.............I will work at something. Even if it's just cleaning, which would mean that by the time I lose weight my house should be immaculate. *LOL* That would then mean I accomplished TWO things in life! WOO HOO! :smiley:

Hang in there and just keep on keeping on!
    Happy Monday to you!
  • steelyjoe22
    steelyjoe22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job on taking this step! It's a marathon, not a sprint . . . but the results are worth it. I'm excited for you, and for all the progress you're going to see.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    It's going to take time, but you can do it!!!! You have the power to change.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! Small goals will get you where you want to be, one meal at a time. You can do this!
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Like everyone else has said. There are several on here that started between 450 and 550 pounds, and they did it. It was a long journey, but they were successful and you can be too.
  • JennAngel001
    JennAngel001 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • GoMe75
    GoMe75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're at the start of something truly amazing. Congrats on making the decision to be here & commiting to a better you. Be patient & kind with yourself but vigilant in purusing your goal. If you want it, you will have it!
  • RobDowney
    RobDowney Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Stay determined and disciplined. Use us anytime you need to.
  • bashfulplatypus
    bashfulplatypus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!
  • AngelMommy13
    AngelMommy13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I have lost 28 lbs and have about 150 to go. Feel free to add me. I would love to follow your journey! :)
  • birdy0518
    birdy0518 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!!
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great that you're making a start. Take it a day at a time and you'll be surprised what you can achieve. If you're looking for inspiration, this is one of the most amazing stories on here in my opinion: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/TannunisFred/profile/TannunisFred?target=&redirected=true
  • tabloop
    tabloop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can I make it to the end of the day in the best way I know how? -
    That quote (can't remember who it's by) has helped me a lot.