What are the best Oreos?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    rorymason wrote: »
    Are there really people out there that can eat only one or two oreos?

Like I said, I can if I crush them up in yogurt/icecream/one of my weird bodybuilding type of concoctions.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oreos might be my favorite in the form of the Oreo Truffle though.

This. But I've heard the white fudge ones are pretty awesome.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I struggle with control when consuming oreos. We only buy them for trips. My husband hates almost every type except double stuff and chocolate cream ones.

Peanut butter and mint are my favorites, the cake batter ones are just weird.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The original if you dunk them in milk, the double-stuff otherwise.
  • mpat81
    Options
    I've only ever had the normal ones. Not even a double stuff. make me wonder how I got so damn fat. Oh yeah. Beer.

Haha! That'll do it!
  • mpat81
    Options
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I LOVE the Lemon ones! And as previously mentioned by a few people, the white fudge covered ones that are out around the holidays!

I really want to try the lemon but I know nobody else in my house will touch them so I will be obligated to eat them all.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really wish Oreo would release a mixed flavors package. I wouldn't mind trying out lemon or key lime pie if an entire package didn't feel like such a commitment.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The pumpkin spice Oreos they were selling during the fall are good..my sister had me try them oh and the reeses Oreos are to die for too! lol
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Cinnamon-Bun-Oreos.jpg

These are tasty.

200_s.gif
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake and double stuf... *Homer Simpson drool*

I live in a cave, do I haven't seen any other varieties other than the original, double stuf, golden and RV.

The golden ones look good, though! Oh, and chocolate covered!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I'm one of them, lol, they're usually so sweet that two is satisfying to me (as long as I don't have PMS, obviously).
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I think it can be harder to balance Oreos with a glass of milk. I invariably would run out of one before I'm finished with the other, so having a reason to justify eating/drinking more than intended is a mental trap I try to be conscious of.

But yeah it used to be nothing to polish off an entire sleeve of Oreos in one sitting. A major part of the reason it was so easy was because I didn't pay attention or care how many calories I was eating.
    Now that I pay attention and really care about how many calories I'm consuming it's not very difficult to stop at 1-2 Oreos.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    +1 to the "no oreos" crew
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Double -Stuff! But if we're getting fancy - Breyer's Oreo Cookies & Cream ice icream; now we're talking!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the best cereal of all time?

Oreoos.jpg
    I still don't understand why they don't re-release this.

Some stupid legal "sold the rights" business...
    The cereal was launched in 1998[2] and discontinued in 2007 everywhere outside South Korea.[5] The cereal is no longer available outside of South Korea.[6] As of 2014 Oreo O's have been discontinued by Post and Kraft making the cereal no longer manufactured anywhere on earth.

I checked WIkipedia and :disappointed:

That bit about South Korea is where the buyout happened. Whatever that S Korean company was that made them bought it outright from Post.

I think it's good that they're actually gone now instead of limited to S Korea. Maybe now, Post will be able to buy them back and bring them back to the masses.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »

I think it can be harder to balance Oreos with a glass of milk. I invariably would run out of one before I'm finished with the other, so having a reason to justify eating/drinking more than intended is a mental trap I try to be conscious of.

But yeah it used to be nothing to polish off an entire sleeve of Oreos in one sitting. A major part of the reason it was so easy was because I didn't pay attention or care how many calories I was eating.
    Now that I pay attention and really care about how many calories I'm consuming it's not very difficult to stop at 1-2 Oreos.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I used to and still can eat an entire package of Oreos in one sitting.

• Carlos_421
    Options

Yeah, I'm the same way. I used to and still can eat an entire package of Oreos in one sitting.

Same.
    Especially if I'm soaking them in milk long enough to turn them into sludgy chocolate discs of goodness.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options

Same.
    Especially if I'm soaking them in milk long enough to turn them into sludgy chocolate discs of goodness.

The only way I would ever drink milk (when not finishing up from a cereal bowl) was after dunking many, many, many oreos.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    +1 to the "no oreos" crew

colbert-were-not-friends.gif

:tongue:
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Same.

The only way I would ever drink milk (when not finishing up from a cereal bowl) was after dunking many, many, many oreos.

Those are the only two times I don't drink milk...

And I drink a lot of milk...