Tips for quick change

Options
i know I can't rush weight loss, but I'm a person who needs to pick out changes in my body (even if very small) to stay motivated enough to continue with weightloss this time around. I am a university student who wants to lose around 30 pounds before this summer. Thanks

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're looking for but here are a few quick changes: cut your hair, paint your nails, wear different lipstick.
  • ald634
    ald634 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I mean less cellulite,more definition, I have done all those cosmetic changes already for the new year

• Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Those things take time, no quick fix. You didn't put weight on overnight, it sure as heck isn't going to come off overnight.
  • ald634
    Options
    I'm not asking for a quick fix, I'm meaning to ask if there's any specific foods or exercises people think have bettered their workout or allowed them to see quicker results
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Those things take time, no quick fix. You didn't put weight on overnight, it sure as heck isn't going to come off overnight.

This.

You know it takes time. You wrote it yourself in your first post.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good luck. There are no quick fixes with lasting results.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ald634 wrote: »
    I'm not asking for a quick fix, I'm meaning to ask if there's any specific foods or exercises people think have bettered their workout or allowed them to see quicker results

lift weights
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

You kind of are. Find something, stick with it, assess results, make changes (if needed).
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

lift weights

Yep, even lifting is a slow process, but it will change your body in ways that you will be able to notice.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to stop depending on motivation, then, since you say you can't maintain it under realistic circumstances. Try habit and discipline instead.
  • rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Try to cut out as many pure sugar foods (candy, pastries, soda, etc.) as you can. I lost ten pounds in two months from doing that, as well as moving 45 minutes at least three times a week, which was mainly walking at 3.0-3.5 mph.

That happened last summer. Since then, I ended up giving into what I thought was going to be a "one-time" sweet treat that ended up triggering all of my cravings back. I have gained all ten of those pounds back since then, and am 160 pounds again as a result. I am trying to cut out sweets again. It is tough.

It will not be as fast as you want, but you would be amazed at what some "small" diet changes will do for you over time. I have found that changing my diet has really helped me the most when it comes to weight loss. I would suggest doing strength training and cardio as well to boost results. Also try to avoid other foods, such as McDonald's food (which I just finished eating...).

I have not been as successful as I have wanted, but I can give what I think is good advice. I want to lose 20-30 pounds by summer myself if you would like to add me.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I try to make very small goals - I'll find every little milestone there is. For example, right now, my goal is to lose another 1.2 pounds to reach a total of 5% body weight lost. After that, it's only another 0.4 lbs to reach the goal of <190 lbs.

Maybe that would help you with motivation? I think you know there are no quick fixes, and if not, it's been said plenty of times in here. My "method" doesn't make it any faster, but it lets me achieve a goal almost every week which helps me stay on track.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    None of those things you listed happen quickly.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. The soreness will be quick and will be satisfying, maybe make you feel like you're making progress.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If there were quick fixes you wouldnt have to be on here asking about them, they wouldnt be a secret.
    Drink a lot of water, exercise, do some lifting and eat at a deficit. You'll get there. Go to the Success Stories board. You can see the hard work people have put in and most reference the time table. There have been great strides for some within 6 months but your results will be a direct reflection of your efforts.
    Good luck!
  • ald634
    Options
    Okay Let's forget I posted this. I was just looking for personal tips from people not backlash, if you read my post you know I said it would take time, but thanks everyone
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Okay Let's forget I posted this. I was just looking for personal tips from people not backlash, if you read my post you know I said it would take time, but thanks everyone

But you used the word "quick."
  • ald634
    Options
    As part of a response yes, jeez who would've thought I'd delete this app after posting one discussion peace everyone good luck with you're weightloss
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I think people are being too hard on you. I understand what you are getting at. Please don't be disappointed or afraid to post questions again. While there is no "quick" fix, I understand the a drop on the scale can help motivate. I cut out all alcohol and stuck to 1200-1300 cal/day and have lost 6.5 pounds in the last two weeks. Good luck.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You seem to have gotten some other responses in the identical thread you cross-posted in the General discussion forum. Perhaps some of them will be helpful.