Hate when my husband leaves town.

Options
124»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    We live in the boonies, and after our pit bull passed away a few years ago, I really don't like being alone out there at night, but aside from that, I love having that time to hang out and catch up with my girlfriends.....to spend a whole day doing lunch, shopping, pedicures, without having to explain when I'll be home is really nice.

If I'm home alone, I like to watch cheesy chick flicks (or John Hughes 80's stuff) that he can't stand, and eat the food he doesn't like! I lived alone for a long time when I was single though, so I really appreciate and miss the alone-time!

Come to think of it...I actually WISH mine would go away! :huh:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    LOL, kind of finding that to be the case at least for some of my days.

I'm planning to shop (a friend of mine is getting married and I'm one of her bridesmaids so I'll be shopping with her as well). Maybe treat myself to high tea and some new clothes for summer.

Also spend some quality time with my dogs.

The worst part is going to bed alone, though I gotta admit, after he left this morning, I was able to stretch out. Felt pretty good.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to those that gave me such friendly and helpful advice.

Tonight it's a movie and veggie pizza plus a puppy play date with my friend Janey

Tomorrow's an all day bridesmaid shopping trip then dinner and "Bridesmaids" along with light cosmopolitans at my house

Sunday is brunch, grocery shopping, then shoe shopping...then it'll be the work week and that time flies by.

Even planning a night out on the town by myself next Friday to go sing karaoke at my favorite local bar.

:) I'm doing great this trip-better than usual. Staying busy is the key.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    First I want to say that there is nothing wrong with being co-dependent with your spouse.

Yes. Yes there is.

"interdependent" is the word you want. "co-dependent" is a clinical term for a deleterious state. it is never good for anyone to be co-dependent. it means you can't function (completely or in a healthy way) on your own.

'interdependent' is 'i give and take in this relationship, and i need you to give and take too'. that is completely healthy.

if it's just for a few days, and you suffer so much for lack of husband that it has a negative impact on your daily life, then there is too much husband and not enough you in your life. IMHO.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    First I want to say that there is nothing wrong with being co-dependent with your spouse.

Yes. Yes there is.

"interdependent" is the word you want. "co-dependent" is a clinical term for a deleterious state. it is never good for anyone to be co-dependent. it means you can't function (completely or in a healthy way) on your own.

'interdependent' is 'i give and take in this relationship, and i need you to give and take too'. that is completely healthy.

if it's just for a few days, and you suffer so much for lack of husband that it has a negative impact on your daily life, then there is too much husband and not enough you in your life. IMHO.

Why do I get the feeling you didn't read my most recent post?

I'm not curled up on my couch in sweats with a box of tissues.

I do, however, get lonely...the purpose of this whole post was to see what kinds of suggestions I could get for things to do to stay busy while he's away.

Confucius say: Eyes are for seeing.