Working hard with no results

Options
124»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you're not honestly weighing and logging every single thing you imbibe and consume start doing that

I find it reallllllllllly hard to believe everyone having success never goes to a restaurant where they're unable to weigh and measure the items they're eating and that they never take one single day off. Some of the blogs I read even recommending taking a week off from logging every so many weeks.

When we take a week off we expect to gain weight from it. We don't come on the forums whining "why isn't working? Do I seriously have to keep waiting? Am I really gonna gain weight every time I have a cheat day? No fair!!"
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    And there has to be a secret. Wolfman doesn't even count calories apparently. What's the secret there? I can't ask for a secret without getting flack for not weighing my package yogurt but he doesn't even count. What's the difference maker there? What can I do to lose weight in spite of not weighing my yogurt?

Nope. No secret.
    And cwolfman likely doesn't need to log his food because he has a routine, knows what he can/needs to eat and how much and does.
    He also likely moves a lot more than you do.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    shadowconn wrote: »
    What are your:

I wasn't the OP - but I was hoping you may be able to help me out any way as I'm in the same boat.

5'10
    195 (8 lbs gained since Thanksgiving)
    183 (weight last summer. I had dropped from 208 to 181 in 2014 by changing/monitoring calorie intake)
    sedentary
    6 days a week (3 days running 3-5 miles, 3 days 60 minute boot camp)

I got back to eating clean and exercising Jan 1. No weight loss, no inches lost - despite MUCH more exercise when I originally lost the weight. I was knocking off a 1.5/week back then.

If anything, I'm probably not eating quite enough calories for as much as I'm working out. But it's hard to find healthy calories to add when I'm just not hungry....and hard mentally to eat more when you feel like your stuck.

Really hoping it's just a case where it takes a few weeks to get the scale moving, but it's very discouraging.

I am 5'9", and you are basically starting right where I stalled for 2 weeks. With that being said - eat more. If I were you, I'd jump those calories between 1700 - 2k (I do mine between 1700 and 1900 and I do not exercise.) And binge one day. Just to jumpstart things. Really just eat everything one day . . then go to 17-2k.

Sorry, no such thing as not eating enough calories as the reason for not losing. Its actually the opposite. Your eating too many calories. Either you dont know it or are in denial about what and how much your eating. Healthy does not mean losing. I can eat 1500 calories in donuts and lose weight. Innacutate counting or denial is the problem.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way I'm eating too many calories. I can be a creature of habit when I'm eating clean and pretty much eat the same few meals as the first time I lost weight.

Piece of fruit or smoothie for breakfast

make a salad at the office cafeteria with spinach, broccoli, green peppers, mushrooms, one scoop (which I've measured) as 4-5 ounces of grilled chicken. Occasionally some shredded or cottage cheese with it.

For dinner - some sort of baked fish or chicken. A green vegatable, a small salad made with spinach/pico de gallo and vinegar.

Occasionally I'll throw in something generic like Zone bar or fruit for a treat. Nothing processed, fried, made of white flour, sodas, regular or diet, alcohol. The only thing I drink besides 100+oz of water a day is a glass of unsweetened ice tea once or twice a week.

Many days I'm under 1600 calories, but it's hard to find something healthy to fill the space. I'm not hungry and have plenty of energies for boot camp and running. The difference is last time weight melted off quick. Now if just sticks there.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you're not honestly weighing and logging every single thing you imbibe and consume start doing that

I find it reallllllllllly hard to believe everyone having success never goes to a restaurant where they're unable to weigh and measure the items they're eating and that they never take one single day off. Some of the blogs I read even recommending taking a week off from logging every so many weeks.

I would eat out once a month at most when i was losing. Now, I do it more often, but still not much. And I log as best I can in those cases. It just wasn't worth it IMHO. Still isn't.

Two year streak + for logging. No time off for me. Over 85 pounds lost. Maintained for 18 months.

You need to commit and be consistent with it. Obviously, cheat meals aren't working for you. Not logging isn't working for you. It takes time and patience to figure out what does.